Until recently I had never made White Chili with Chicken before! I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to make and how fast my family devoured it!! I adapted this recipe from a Gooseberry Patch recipe I found online. You could also prepare this White Chicken with Chili recipe in your Crock Pot, on low for 4-6 hours. Check out my Turkey Chili recipe for a different twist on this recipe!
- 1 carton of chicken broth (32 ounces)
- 3 cans great northern beans (15 1/2 ounces)
- 2 cups cooked Turkey, shredded
- 1 can cream of onion soup
- 1 can diced green chilies (4 ounce)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine broth, soup, 2 1/2 cans of beans (set aside 1/2 can), and spices into stockpot on medium heat.
- Using a fork or potato masher, carefully mush the reserved 1/2 can of beans and add to chili mixture.
- Bring to a boil, over medium heat and add chicken to mixture; reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Top with Shredded cheese and sour cream if desired.
Recipe can be adjusted to cook in the crock pot. Simply combine all ingredients, and cook on low for 4-6 hours.