There is a major change coming to Walgreens starting this weekend! It’s called Balance Rewards. You will now be able to use your Walgreens Balance Rewards card when shopping.
We still don’t know everything about the program, but here is what we do know.
- You can enroll online or in-store as well as the mobile app.
- You will earn bonus points for buying items in the weekly ad as well as making healthy decisions such as getting immunizations.
- You can’t use Bonus Points for Alcohol, Gift Cards, Prescription Co-pays, Stamps, prepaid cards, dairy, or tobacco.
- Your points must be used within 3 years of the date they are earned.
- You have to remain active by shopping at Walgreens with your card atleast once every 6 months or you will lose your points.
- Points can be gained in-store as well as online.
- Points will show up in your account within 3-5 days after your purchase.
- 5,000 points can be redeemed for $5
- Redemption points can not be “rolled”
Keep in mind that as of right now Balance Rewards will run side by side with Register Rewards. There has been no announcement saying that it is taking over anytime soon. While one may eventually cancel the other out, for now we can enjoy the benefits of each of the programs.