Walmart Black Friday sales will begin early this year as they announce a new tactic to beating out their competitors:
Start Black Friday a whole week early. Check out this year’s amazing new Comeptitor Ad Match Policy, which takes everyone’s Black Friday ads and matches them starting November 22:
Here’s a summary of the big press release regarding this year’s Walmart Black Friday policies, times and specials:
Nov. 19 - Walmart begins it’s Christmas Ad Match both in stores and online
- Customers who purchase an item in-stores Nov. 1 through Dec. 24, and find a lower price at a competitor will receive the difference on a giftcard
- Customers who purchase an item on Walmart.com, and find a lower price in a local brick and mortar competitor, can email firstname.lastname@example.org and receive the difference on a gift card. *excludes Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday
Nov. 22 - Walmart will match it’s Top *3* Comeptitors’ Black Friday Ads
- Walmart will kick off a pre-Black Friday savings event in stores and online, lowering the prices on popular toys and electronics, to match select Black Friday offers from Target, Toys R’ Us and Best Buy one week early.
Nov. 28/29 - The Walmart Black Friday Ad Begins
- See this year’s Walmart Black Friday Ad in a printable list format!
- Events at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day
- Black Friday Sales start at 8 a.m. on Friday
- 21 one-hour guarantee items, “Manager Specials” and more hot deals than ever on the season’s top gifts
Nov. 19 – 29 - Online Black Friday Specials
- Customers can take advantage of hundreds of Pre-Black Friday online specials, as well as Black Friday deals on Thanksgiving and Black Friday while supplies last.
Examples of Black Friday Ad prices that Walmart will offer starting on November 22:
- LeapPad 2 – WAS: $79, NEW PRICE: $39.99
- Little Tikes Cozy Coupe – WAS: $49.87, NEW PRICE: $34.99
- Nerf Rebelle Crossbow – WAS: $19.88, NEW PRICE: $11.99
- Monopoly Board Game – WAS: $7.77, NEW PRICE: $5
- Hot Wheels Single Car – WAS: .97 cents, NEW PRICE: .60 cents
- LG 50-inch HDTV – WAS: $598, NEW PRICE: $448
- Skylanders and Infinity Starter Packs – WAS: $74.96, NEW PRICE: $37
- Select PS4 and Xbox One Video Games such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, NBA 2K14 and Battlefield 4 – WAS: $59.96, NEW PRICE: $49
Below is a refresher course on Walmart policies regarding layaway and price matching, as well as a couple Walmart shopping tips to help you gear up for Black Friday, Cyber Monday and beyond. If you’ve not considered layaway – this year’s new policy looks much more friendly!
Walmart Holiday Layaway:
- Valid on more items this year – Small appliances, toys, jewelry, electronics, select sporting goods
- Put $10 down or 10% (whichever is greater) to hold the item, as well as a $5 Open Fee (last year it was $15!), which will be refunded to you via a Walmart Gift Card when you’ve finished paying for your item
- You have 90 days to pay
- Total purchase must be over $50, individual items must be $15 or more
- Pickup and final payment must be made by Dec. 14, or account will be cancelled. There is no cancellation fees (last year it was $10) All cancelled items are returned to shelves.
Walmart Return Period Lengthened for the Holidays:
- Walmart has adjusted its return policy for the holiday gift buying season for items that have a limited return/exchange period (15 days, 30 days, etc.). For these items purchased between Nov. 1 and Dec. 24, the limited return period will begin Dec. 26. This includes items such as TVs, cameras, computers, DVD and music players that can have a 15-30 day return period.
Walmart Everyday Ad Matching Policy:
On Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday and any of their shopping trips, customers can take advantage of the everyday ad match policy available at Walmart stores. If a customer spots a lower price on an advertised item, and comes into a Walmart store during the same day and time that the competitor’s ad is valid, Walmart will match the price at the register.
- Walmart will match the price of local competitor’s ads including:
- Prices that require a shopper’s card
- Buy One Get One Free items
- Competitors’ ads that feature a specific item for a specified price
- *You do not have to have a copy of the ad in hand. Items must be identical in size, color, etc… to price match.
- Walmart will NOT price-match the following:
- Buy one, get one free (BOGO) ads with no actual price given, and Percentage Off prices
- Items that require a separate purchase to get the ad price (Buy [item a] to get [item b] for $)
- Items with no actual price that require a purchase to get free product (Buy both [items A & B] to get [item C}]Free
- Items that require a purchase to get a store gift card
- Going out of business or closeout prices
- Internet Pricing
Free Shipping Offers:
- Watch for the Free Shipping logo beneath an item to see if it qualifies for free shipping
- “Home Free” items ship free to your door with the purchase of $45 or more in home free items
- Site-to-Store Shipping is always free, just bring the text or email confirmation you receive and a photo i.d. with you at pickup.
We’ll be posting all the Walmart Black Friday info here on Time2Save as soon as it’s made available – so make sure you subscribe to our FREE Email Updates so you won’t miss a thing!