My husband’s office is less than a mile from our house so he usually comes home for lunch everyday. We’ve been really busy in the evenings so sometimes I cook at lunch instead of dinner. A couple of weeks ago, I made this amazing spaghetti chock full of fresh veggies I didn’t want to go bad. My son HATES squash, I mean absolutely HATES it. However, when I made this spaghetti he had no idea he was eating squash. In fact, my kids are so used to veggies I don’t think they noticed all the veggies in their spaghetti. If your kids are picky you may want to chop the veggies finely in a food processor or chopper first. Otherwise, they will never know and you can feel good about feeding them a healthy meal. Instead of homemade sauce, I used ALDI’s organic marinara sauce and organic diced tomatoes. Amazing y’all seriously.
This recipe is Advocare 24-Day Challenge friendly.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 squash chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 jar ALDI organic marinara sauce
- 1 28oz can ALDI organic diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder or 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package ALDI whole grain spaghetti noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sautee' zucchini, squash, and onions in one tablespoon olive oil until tender, then set aside.
- In a large pan brown ground beef, rinse, and drain.
- Combine ground beef, sauteed vegetables and marinara sauce in a pan and cook on med/low for 20 minutes covered.
- Remove lid, cook until sauce thickens (10-15 minutes).
- In a separate pan boil noodles until tender.
- Serve sauce over spaghetti noodles.