Valentine’s Day is a fun time for giving small gifts to all of the little Valentine’s in your life. Putting a treat in your child’s lunch or having it wait for them by their morning breakfast is a great way to let them know you are thinking about them on Valentine’s Day! But maybe you are tired of the same old candy and sweet treat Valentine’s Day gifts for kids. If you are looking for something different to give your child this Valentine’s Day, why not give them the gift of healthy teeth?
Instead of spending big bucks on chocolate or other sugar filled treats (chances are they are going to be bringing home a lot of these treats from school as it is) just head to your local dollar store. Here you will find all of the makings for a wonderful Valentine’s Day kid’s gift that they will just love. Want to know more? Peak below and see how you can get started!
- New toothbrush (dollar stores sell packs of two for $1.00)
- Ribbon or yarn
- Colorful scrap paper
- First, cut out a Valentine’s Day themed shape from your colored paper. You can do a heart, cupid, etc.
- Next, using your marker write the message, “You Make Me SMILE Valentine!” on your paper.
- Use a pencil and poke a hole in the corner of your paper.
- String your ribbon or yard through.
- Tie your Valentine’s Day greeting/gift tag to the toothbrush.
- That’s it! There is such a fun pun with the message on the card and the gift of a toothbrush!
Of course you can sign your card or personalize it with their name on it. If you are a freebie fiend and have lots of toothpaste samples around the house you can even include one of these to go with your valentine greeting. This is a fun Valentine’s Day gift for kids that they will enjoy using long after the season is over. Plus, you will enjoy that it is a healthy alternative to all of the chocolate and sugary treats we usually see around Valentine’s Day!
If you are really feeling ambitious, you can assemble these as a classroom gift for the others in your child’s class, church youth group, etc. It is an inexpensive and easy Valentine’s Day kid’s gift that everyone is sure to love, and hopefully, SMILE about!