Everyone enjoys a yummy cupcake, especially around Valentine’s Day! Nothing beats a tasty Valentine’s cupcake covered in rich frosting. Luckily, you don’t need to spend hours in the kitchen or your weekly paycheck to whip up these sweet treats. Take a minute to peek at this Valentine’s recipe for whipping up your own Strawberry and Chocolate Sweetheart Valentine’s Cupcakes at home.
- For your cupcakes you will need:
- 1 box of basic chocolate cake mix
- 1 box of basic strawberry cake mix
- For your Homemade Chocolate Butter Cream Icing you will need:
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 box of confectioner's sugar
- 1 tblspn of milk
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- First, prepare each box of cake mix as directed per box. Fill a heart shaped cupcake pan (I found one for $3.00 in the dollar section of my local Target store!) with the two mixtures until it is about 3/4 full. You want to leave room for it to rise and expand. When cooked thoroughly, remove and set aside to cool.
- For your frosting, cream together your butter and confectioners sugar until smooth.
- Then, stir in 1 TB of milk.
- Next, melt your chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals, on medium power, until they are melted. Stir carefully between intervals.
- When they are melted completely, add it to your icing mixture by beating on low for 1 minute.
- Once your cupcakes are cooled and your topping is made, simply pipe it on or smooth it on with a knife. These sweet treats will be a big hit with your family and friends as they get into the Valentine's Day spirit!