Valentine’s Day is drawing near – and up to now, we’ve posted lots of children’s cards and crafts. But it’s time to take a moment for the grownups, let’s talk about Valentine Love Poems!
One reason I love Valentine’s Day because it makes me stop and think about why I love my husband and how grateful I am for him. Even if you’re no poet, one way you can show your love is by borrowing a romantic line or two from a professional. Here is a short collection of poetic lines and even a few poems/psalms that might inspire you:
- Love doesn’t make the world go around, but it makes the ride worthwhile. ~ Author Unkown
- True love stories never have endings. ~Richard Bach
- I’ve fallen in love many times… always with you. ~Author Unknown
- When love is not madness, it is not love. ~Pedro Calderon de la Barca
- Loving is not just looking at each other, it’s looking in the same direction. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Wind, Sand, and Stars, 1939