I absolutely love Valentine dessert recipes. Just make a couple adjustments to your regular favorite recipes and viola’ before you know it you’ve got a super cute Valentine themed dessert. In this case, I took my mom’s special recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies and added a chocolate heart. They turned out super good and were so easy to make!! If a way to a man’s heart is through is stomach, then this recipe is the way to my man’s heart for sure! He loves Hershey’s chocolate and peanut butter, put the two together and I’ve got one happy man!!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 bag of Hershey's milk chocolate hearts
- 1/2 cup sugar - set aside (do not add to cookie dough)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Roll dough into balls
- Pour the extra 1/2 cup of sugar in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Roll cookie dough in sugar until completely covered.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until just before turning brown.
- While the cookies are baking, unwrap chocolate hearts.
- Remove cookies from oven, gently press a chocolate heart in the center of each cookie and let cool. (may use substitute Hershey's Kisses)
- Allow to cool completely then melt 1/4 cup white chocolate chips in a glass bowl on medium power setting in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Dip the end of a spoon in the melted white chocolate chips, then sling back and forth on the tops of cookies.(optional)