Photo Credit: All You Magazine
If you’re looking for some cute Valentine crafts for kids to give their classmates, these heart crayons are easy and fun to make! All you need are old crayons and a heart-shaped mold to make these colorful art supplies. I don’t know about you – but I am ALWAYS finding stray crayon pieces around our house, in the van, under the couch cushions… this should be a piece of cake!
Here’s how to make them – and some nice deals on Heart-Shaped baking molds as well:
Heart-Shaped Crayon Instructions:
- Remove wrappers from crayons and break into small pieces *Optional – Add glitter!
- Fill silicon mold and put in 300 degree oven for 15 minutes or until melted
- Let cool and Pop out (Scroll down for classroom gifting ideas)
Snag a Heart-Shaped mold on Amazon today and have it arrive before the weekend so you can craft with the kiddos!
Try the Wilton Ruffled Hearts Mold for $9.61 (Reg $14.71) *Shown above
Or make smaller crayons with the Wilton Petite Heart Silicon Mold - $12.58 (Reg $20.99)
Valentine Quotes for Crayon Notes:
If you plan to give these out to your child’s class for Valentine’s Day, you can stick a small piece of foam tape on the back of the crayon and stick to a 3″ piece of card-stock or poster board, cut out in a circle or heart shape. Write a cute little Valentine quote on the paper, here are some suggestions:
- You color my world
- Have a “Colorful” Valentine’s Day!
- You’re as pretty as a picture!
- Valentine, You make my heart melt
- Happy Valentine’s Day, for “Crayon” out loud!
- You make me “wax” romantic, Valentine
Check out lots more of our fun Valentine Ideas!