Grilled Chicken, Broccoli & Cabbage Salad
Recently, my family has made a commitment to eat healthier. We’ve been eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies and eating at home much more than usual. Since doing so, the biggest challenge has been finding ways to prepare food ahead of time on days when we are on the go. When I first heard about Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breasts Strips I was excited to try out a new recipe. Especially considering that the chicken contains no preservatives and is carved from a real chicken breast. First, I went to Tyson’s recipe tab for inspiration, after about 10 days straight of regular grilled chicken and lettuce we needed a change. After perusing the recipes I decided to make up a recipe full of fresh veggies that didn’t include lettuce. I had recently seen a recipe on a friends facebook page of broccoli salad that inspired my creation.
My in-laws were in town for a couple of days so we enjoyed a date night out without the kiddos. First, dinner with my hubby then a quick trip to Walmart on the way home to grab the ingredients I needed for the Grilled Chicken Broccoli and Cabbage Salad. While we were there I also picked up bone-in chicken breasts, boneless skinless chicken breasts, squash, and zucchini for a soup recipe I am trying to duplicate after my trip to Dallas last week. I hope it turns out as delicious as this Grilled Chicken Broccoli and Cabbage Salad!
The recipe was so easy to make, especially with a food processor. Washing the vegetables took the most time by far, but I’m kind of picky about clean vegetables. Although you could eat the Grilled Chicken Broccoli and Cabbage Salad right away, it’s much better served after the veggies have had a chance to soak in the salad dressing overnight. It got the stamp of approval from both my hubby and the kiddos! I’ll definitely be making it again.
I created a Google + albums online you can view here.
- 2 packages Tyson Grilled & Ready Refrigerated Chicken Breasts
- 1 cabbage
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 carrots
- 2 bunches fresh broccoli
- 1/2 red onion
- 2/3 cup low fat Vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1/3 cup low-fat Dijon
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Wash vegetables thoroughly.
- Either chop in food processor or chop finely by hand.
- Measure 2/3 cup Vinaigrette salad dressing and 1/3 cup Dijon salad dressing and add to chopped vegetables.
- Mix well to combine ingredients. I have found using a large bowl with a lid makes it much easier.
- Make sure lid is secure and shake until ingredients are mixed well.
- Pour veggies on serving dish, add Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Breasts then garnish with seasoning.
- Best served after refrigerating overnight.
Discolosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® and Tyson. #cbias #SocialFabric #MealsTogether.” As always all opinions are my own, read my full disclosure policy here.