UPDATED 4/29 @ 4:50PM
The best way to give is financially. Text the word “GIVE” to 80888 to make a monetary donation.
Those who want to help the people affected by these local storms are urged to make a donation to the Greater Chattanooga Area Chapter, which relies solely on local donations and receives no government funding. The gift will enable the Greater Chattanooga Area Red Cross to prepare for and provide shelter, food, emotional support and other disaster assistance to victims affected by these storms.
Support your Greater Chattanooga Red Cross so that we can continue to be here when you need us! To make a donation, people can visit www.chattanoogaredcross.org or mail your check to: The Greater Chattanooga Area Chapter American Red Cross: 801 McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37403
OPERATION GOOD NEIGHBOR RELIEF DRIVE:
WRCB along with radio partners, US-101, 103.7 KISS-FM, MY 98.1, and ROCK 105 have organized a relief drive to collect supplies. Come say hello to personalities from Channel 3 as well as local radio stations.
- Bi-Lo at Shallowford Rd. and Lee Highway intersection
* Tractor trailer set up 6:00 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. Friday to take donations. Toiletries, batteries, and non-perishable food needed.
- Bi-Lo Fort Oglethorpe Location
* Monetary donations only 6:00 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. Will be used to buy items at Shallowford location to put in truck and/or Red Cross. Make
The Red Cross along with the Salvation Army
- Will be taking donations at the Church of God of Prophecy on Raider Drive and Peerless Road from 1pm to 8pm today.
- Those who are in need of things can come in from 3pm to 8pm
- Saturday from 9am to 5pm and on Sunday from 1pm to 5pm also accepting donations.
- If you are bringing food items, only non-perishable food items.
Blackburn Rd Area (off APD 40)
- People are really needing candles and flashlights.
- Additional batteries for flashlights
St Therese Catholic Church 900 Clingan Ridge Dr NW, Cleveland, TN 37312
- Need the following- Peanut Butter & Jelly,Cheese, Fresh Fruit, Newborn Diapers
- Do NOT need Shampoo or toothpaste
- Gym is set up for shelter for those who need somewhere to stay. Cots/blankets available
Living Word Church
- Friday, 7am, a crew is leaving from Living Word Church to work in the community. Wear work clothes, bring your own bottled water and tools such as saws, ladders, etc. All are invited. Also those wishing to give to the Glasgow fund (they lost a child and relative and their house in the tornadoes) can go to www.thelovingchurch.com. 930 25th Street (Old Pathway Bookstore)
- Need for sandwiches/snacks/ water here at Living Word for the volunteers today and those that will be here tomorrow from Kansas IHOP. Any type of sandwiches and snacks would be greatly appreciated!! Call 339-3028 if you can help contribute.
- Team comong from Int. House of Prayer (trained in Disaster Releif) from Kansas City, to Living Word Church
Bradley County High School
Saturday, April 30 · 8:00am – 11:00am We will need people who can drive, tools (chainsaws for sure), and just anybody who can help. We will divided into teams from the school and go around town seeing where we can help. We will move trees and clean up the trash all around the town. PLEASE COME AND HELP YOUR COMMUNITY. REMEMBER SATURDAY APRIL 30TH 8 A.M. BCHS Thank you and god bless. RSVP if you will come HERE.
Don’t forget your heavy gloves to protect your hands! Girls can help by handing out food or dragging brush away.
Any snacks, powerade, water, etc for workers greatly appreciated
Hopewell Church of God
- Accepting donations for those who suffered loss.
- They also have teams formed to deliver food to victims and volunteers 5765 eureka Rd Cleveland, TN 423.478.1132.
Mt Olive Church of God
- Need volunteers to help Friday at 8am to go out and work. Meet at the church a light breakfast will be served.
- Will be accepting donations for food and other items starting Friday @8:00am
Washington Avenue Baptist Church
- Serving food at 4:30 today to anyone in need
- Collecting donations
Willbrook Circle Community (8-10 houses destroyed)
- Parkview Elementary(300 Minnis Rd) at 9 a.mNeed: Trash Bags, work gloves, boxes,Parkview Elementary(300 Minnis Rd) at 9 a.m.
- Volunteers to help community search for personal items / clean debris / trees etc
- Food/Water – Several groups within the community are feeding the neighborhood and workers
Candies Creek Baptist Church
- Coordinating volunteers. To help, call 423-479-3731.
North Cleveland Church of God
The church will also be providing lunch for those without power tomorrow 4/29 from 11:30-2.
Gabe Clayton, “We feel like it would be impossible to help out those abroad if we can’t help those here. Therefore, we will be donating 10% of all proceeds to this precious family. Please come out and show your support.”
Westview Baptist Church on East Brainerd
- Will accept donations Saturday beginning at noon and again on Sunday for the relief effort. Please bring towels, soap, diapers, wipes, water, toothbrushes, toothpaste, hygiene supplies.
Fort Oglethorpe Ga:
Lakeview Fort Oglethorpe High School – 1001 Battlefield Pkwy, Fort Oglethorpe, GA 30742
- Baby Items- Diapers, formula, baby food, baby wipes
- Toddler Items – Toddler Clothes sizes 2,3,4 & 5
- Women’s Clothing Items – Ladies bra’s and sport bra’s (any size needed)
- General Clothing Needs: Jogging Suits, Canvas Shoes
- Personal Care Items – Cough Drops, deodorant, tampons, & toiletries
- Dog Food
Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe HIGH SCHOOL feeding people at 7:30 am,11:30 and 6:30 pm.
Ringgold & Flintstone Georgia Area
Oakwood Baptist Churchis partnering with relief efforts for the Ringgold and Flintstone area.
They are setting up a distribution center at their Gateway campus for Ringgold and another at ministry of hope for Flintstone. Area businesses are collecting supplies and volunteers will be needed to unload trucks at both facilities. RELIEF EFFORTS UPDATE: Volunteers are needed on Friday Night from 6p to 9p at Oakwood’s Gateway Campus to assist with receiving donations. Saturday from 8a to 5p volunteers are needed at Gateway AND Ministry Of Hope to assist with distribution. Sign up HERE.Gym Showers- For those who need to clean up Oakwood’s Chickamauga Campus is opening the gym showers from 6p to 11p tonight. Facilities will be offered on a first come first serve basis but are free to those in need.
Accepting donations 4/28 & 4/29 12-5 at the ministry of Hope location directions HERE
- non perishable foods
NO CLOTHING. If you can volunteer or make donations. The church number is
706-375-5760. If you have a need or know of a need click HERE or a link to their website.
Operation Good Neighbor Tunnel Hill
- Personal Hygiene Products
- Bottled Water
Rock Bridge Community Church 100 W Gordon St, Dalton, GA 30720
- Feminine Products
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towels
All donations can be brought by Rock Bridge Community Church on 114 S. Hamilton St. 706.279.3175
Taking names and info of anyone who wants to work tomorrow and possibly Saturday with storm relief efforts. More information is on their fb page here.
Details are kind of short at the moment, but should know more as the day progresses.
Contact Jonathan Hayes: email@example.com or 706-980-3092
Chattanooga Vally Presbyterian Church at 9am (Friday) work crews meeting to head out into the Flintstone community to do clean up work. Bring gloves, saws (and chainsaws if you have them).
Dalton Salvation Army Salvation Army 1101 N. Thornton Avenue Dalton,GA 30720 706-278-3966
- An empty Shaw trailer at the Salvation army that needs to be filled up with anything you can donate for Ringgold!!
- Water, personal hygiene items, diapers, wipes!!! Not even close to full yet!!
Childcare Network on Duvall Rd
- Collecting items including toiletries and also paper goods, such as paper towels, plates, and plastic utensils,
- Will be there all day today for the American Red Cross they will stay as late as necessary as long as people continue to drop off items.
Bridgeport Lions Club will serve lunch tomorrow @ Noon to everyone that has been touched by yesterdays disaster… the Bridgeport First Baptist Church will serve supper tomorrow night…these meals are free and open to anyone and everyone
Kimball Church of Christ – Donations are being accepted
Closed ALL The Major Roads Going Into Ringgold! Only Emergency People Are Allowed!
A Junior at Ridgeland High School found out today that several of her friends are now without prom dresses, etc and the prom is Saturday. She has worked hard all day trying to bring something positive in all this devastation. Here are the details – Mission Glen Baptist Church gym will be open from 9:00-3:00 tomorrow. Ridgeland’s prom is this Saturday and some girls no longer have their prom dress due to these storms. So, if you HAVE a prom dress/shoes/accessories OR NEED any of these, you can drop off or “shop” for FREE tomorrow. Chattanooga Valley Middle School has their 8th grade formal dance on 5/7. Any 8th grade girl is also welcome. I’m very proud of Taylor for thinking of her classmates and showing what genuine love, kindness and friendship is during this tragic time!
- LaFayette High JROTC will be at the Wal-Mart in LaFayette, GA from 10am-4pm accepting money, clothing, food, and supplies doinations to be sent to storm victims. We set up camp today and raised well over $1,000 in cash and at least 5 truck loads of other donations taken to LFO high school and to the walker county civic center for the victims.
- St. Gerard Catholic Church on LaFayette Rd will be taking donations of bottled water and non-perishables today from 10am-12pm and 5-7pm.
Pet Palace in Lafayette accepting pet food and water donations.1391 N Main Street LaFayette.706-638-1550
- Trenton United Methodist Church - Baby Formula and food
- Trenton First Baptist – Food for workers and victims
- RED CROSS is set up at Dade County High School.
Lookout Mountain at the corner of Lula Lake rd and HWY 157 at the Hinkle Office Park and Hinkle Storage. Again Chainsaws are welcomed but strong backs are appreciated.
Calling all knitters
Afghan project to benefit those who have been displaced from their homes in Ringgold. HERE
If you have had no disaster training, the best way to give is financially. Text the word “GIVE” to 80888 to make a monetary donation .Salvation Army says this is one of the largest disaster responses in Tennessee, possibly larger than the Easter Weekend Storms of 1997. There are two mobile kitchens in the area. The main kitchen was already in Cleveland, the other kitchen is in Catoosa County, both were used last night. By the end of today, they are hoping to have a kitchen in each county.
Those who want to help the people affected by these local storms are urged to make a donation to the Greater Chattanooga Area Chapter, which relies solely on local donations and receives no government funding. The gift will enable the Greater Chattanooga Area Red Cross to prepare for and provide shelter, food, emotional support and other disaster assistance to victims affected by these storms. Support your Greater Chattanooga Red Cross so that we can continue to be here when you need us! To make a donation, people can visit www.chattanoogaredcross.orgor mail your check to: The Greater Chattanooga Area Chapter American Red Cross: 801 McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37403