Target Christmas Clearance Tips & Finds!
If you’re wanting to hit OFF Target Christmas Clearance, here are some Target Christmas Clearance Tips to keep in mind. (Also some of the fun items I got last year – Only the early birds get the wreaths!) *Scroll to the bottom for a “watch list” you can print out and take with you.
Target Christmas Clearance Tip #1
Go early, go often. If it’s possible to swing by once in awhile the week after Christmas – do it! You never know when clearance will go from 30% OFF (Super Lame) to 50% (Meh…) to 70% (Now we start shopping!) to 90% OFF! (Nothing left but tinsel and bows)
Target Christmas Clearance Tip #2
Get what you’ll actually use next year. Don’t go overboard just because you see red signs everywhere – and don’t just walk out with 3 gift bags thinking “This will do me!” Run through your list so you don’t forget about anything – for instance: you’ll need smallish bags for teachers, coworkers, boy scout leaders, etc.. and little cards for those folks as well. That stuff will be super-pricey to get next year!
Target Christmas Clearance Tip #3:
Always look at paper products with an eye to other holidays. The red & white stripes could easily be used for Valentines Day, and the Black Cups could be used for ANYTHING – but especially 40th Birthdays, Halloween, etc… Check out holiday printed Ziploc Bags, Saran Wrap, Reynolds Disposable Pans and more as well!
Gold cutlery and napkins intended for New Years Eve parties were on clearance as well for 70% OFF when I went this week – they were on an end cap and not even MARKED on clearance. Go with your gut and run things over to the scanner just to be sure!
Target Christmas Clearance Tip #4
Get crafty! Lots of crafty items manage to stick around until the last minute – because everyone’s flat out exhausted and so. not. in. the. mood. But next December when the kids are off on Christmas break – how fun will it be to have 3 or 4 Christmas crafts to do with them!
So buy those 90% OFF Gingerbread House kits! (You don’t have to actually eat them) Pick up a bucket of foam snowman stickers! (Let your kids make homemade cards with them) And just remember – the more easy crafts you have on hand, the fewer times you’ll here “I’m Bo-ored!” next year
Target Christmas Clearance Tip #5
Two Words: Red Candy. Valentine’s Day is going to sneak up on you like it always does – so pick up some of that clearanced Christmas candy and you should be able to throw together some cute Valentine’s baked goods. Just tell the kids they can only eat the GREEN M&Ms, and stash all the rest in a ziploc bag for February
Those are just a few things to keep in mind as you hit the aisles at Target Christmas Clearance events – but check out our Christmas Clearance Watch List, which is full of clever ways to use Chrismtas Clearance, as well as things to watch for that you might not think of (Like mixed nuts with snowflakes on the cans).
Christmas Clearance Watch-List:
Stocking Stuffers for next year:
- Slipper Socks, Slippers
- Activity Books, Small Toys
- Some Candy (Check the expiration date)
- Holiday packaged lotions & potions
- Holiday Packaged kids watches
Gifts (for next year, Valentine’s Day, or birthdays!):
- Toys *Drugstores have limited space, so theirs will go REALLY low until they’re gone.
- Gifty Appliances
- Robes, Pampering Sets
- Christmas PJ’s (For next Christmas Eve!)
- Fragrance Sets
- Craft Projects
- Gifty Bath Sets/Kid’s Bath Sets
- Babies 1st Christmas Stuff (for shower gifts next year)
- Makeup or Hair Barette/Bow Sets
Practical Supplies (That happen to look Christmasy):
- Holiday Packaged Diapers & Wipes (Target mostly has these)
- Cookie/Cupcake pans *Walmart had them for $3.75!
- Paper Cups, Plates, Napkins (Use red for Valentines Day & Green for St. Patrick’s Day)
- Vinyl/Plastic Tablecloths (for play-doh mats, rainy-day art projects, etc…)
- Tape, Scissors, Pencils, Schools Supplies
- Cute wicker baskets with holiday liners (take out the liners for cheap storage baskets!)
- Personal Hygiene Sets (Even better deals can be had with coupons too!)
- Red/Green Loofahs
- Underwear/Kids Pajamas
- Men’s Electric Shavers
And of course, Christmas Decor/Supplies for next year:
- Lights, Garland, etc…
- Christmas Cards, Wrapping Paper (Plain silver/gold can be used for weddings)
- Special *pricier* ornaments for next year
- Ribbons, Bows, Fun Little Boxes
- Sprinkles, Cupcake Liners
- Deluxe Nuts Sets
- Christmas Candy
- Refrigerated Holiday Cookie Dough
- Holiday Coffee Creamers
- Summer Sausage & Cheese sets
- Christmas Oreos, Ritz, etc….
Can you tell we really, really like shopping Christmas Clearance sales???