Target, shockingly, has decided to sit out this year’s annual Black Friday Price Wars – (gasp!) – so while there’s nothing much to know on that front – they are rolling out a lot of new holiday policies you’ll love! You’ll be able to scan QR codes in the store and have them shipped for free (wow!), price match with online sales – even Amazon! – and lots more! Are you getting excited yet?
Here’s a rundown of all the Target Holiday Initiatives we’ll be seeing in the coming months:
Target’s Top 20 Toys:
Target has identified a big list of toys that should be very popular this year. If you purchase one of the Top 20 Toys online – they ship FREE – no minimum purchase! If you wait until you get to the store and scan the QR Code, they will also ship FREE! (Read the next paragraph for more on that QR COde business…) Here are the top toys for 2012:
9 Months to 2 Years:
• Hasbro® PLAYSKOOL Rockitivity Walk ‘n Roll Rider
3 to 4 Years:
• Just Play™ Bounce Bounce Tigger
• Hasbro® BABY ALIVE Baby Wanna Walk
5 to 7 Years:
• Hasbro® FURBY
• HEXBUG® Warriors Battle Zone Playset
• Mattel® Hot Wheels® Wall Tracks Power Tower® Track Set
• Fisher-Price® Imaginext® Eagle Talon Castle
• Leap-Frog LeapPad2 Explorer Exclusive Bundle (Target exclusive)
• LEGO® Friends Emma’s Horse Trailer (Target exclusive)
• Mattel® Barbie Photo Fashion Doll
• Mattel® Monster High® Scary Tales Doll (Target exclusive)
• MGA Entertainment® Lalaloopsy Harmony B. Sharp
• Hasbro® NERF N-Strike Elite Hail-Fire Blaster
• Hasbro® Spider-Man Dual Action Web Shooter
8 and Up:
• Spin Master Air Hogs® Hover Assault
• MEGA Brands® HALO 4 Warthog Vehicle
• Hasbro® BEYBLADE: METAL FURY DESTROYER DOME
• Hasbro® BOP-IT Smash
• Hasbro® EASY BAKE Ultimate Oven
• LEGO® Super Heroes Batwing Battle Over Gotham City
*NEW* Target QR Codes on the Top 20 Toys:
This year Target will have scannable QR Codes on many of the Top Toys – just scan them with your mobile device and have them shipped FREE wherever you want!! Download the Target App for the QR Codes HERE
This way, you won’t find yourself trying to slip giant Imagi Next Eagle Talon castles under your coat so the kids don’t see. Yes – I have done this. No, I don’t want to do it again. (Read our post about the ninja-skills required to Christmas shop with kids.)
The VP of Target Toys said, “Our in-store QR codes for this year’s top toys will add real convenience for busy moms. Now, rather than hoping the kids won’t notice when a gift is slipped into the cart, guests can scan the QR codes to buy top toys and have them shipped anywhere for free.” My thoughts exactly!
*NEW* Target’s Holiday Price Match:
As always, Target will price-match a competitor’s advertised price provided you can show them the full ad. There are some very important new additions to that policy – including the ability to price match ONLINE ads (like Best Buy, Amazon, etc..) There are also several important exclusions you’ll want to read below.
Returning an Item for Price Matching:
Target will match the price if you buy a qualifying item at a Target store between Nov. 1 and Dec. 24 and find the identical item for less at Target, Target.com, or in a competitor’s local printed ad. Simply bring in proof of the current lower price and we’ll match that price at Guest Service. *Excludes prices offered Nov. 22-24
• Must bring in original Target receipt by Dec. 24.
• The item must be the identical in all ways (size, color, model number)
•Target.com – the retail price must be shown on the Target.com website and must be valid at the time the price match is requested.
•Competitor ads - the retail price must be shown in the competitor’s advertisement and must be valid the day the price match is requested. (This includes competitor catalogs!)
NOTE: REDcard debit and credit card holders who make a purchase as of November 1 will now receive an additional 30 days on Target’s existing return policy on nearly all REDcard purchases made at Target and Target.com.
*NEW* Price Matching Select Online Competitors:
Target will match the price if you buy a qualifying item at a Target store between Nov. 1 and Dec. 16 and find the identical item for less at these websites: Amazon, Walmart, BestBuy, ToysRUs or BabiesRUs. (WOW!) Show them the current online price using your mobile device or a printed page by Dec. 16.
• Excludes “Marketplace” prices, prices from 3rd party sellers on these websites will not be honored.
• Only 1 online price match, per identical item, per guest.
• Must bring in original Target receipt when requesting the price match by Dec. 16.
Price Match Exclusions:
There are several exclusions to take note of – here are the main ones that will affect you, but you can read all the fine print here
• Early Birds, Door Busters and limited time / limited supply / limited quantity
• Competitor coupon-required or gift card offers, or offers on items where Target is offering a free giftcard
• Prices advertised only as a percent off or $ off, or BOGO’s where price is not shown
• Free product where no qualifying purchase is required
• Daily Deals, Lightning Deals, Gold Box Deals, Today’s Deals, Deal of the Day, Deal Near to Me, Value of the Day, Special Buy
Using a coupon when price matching:
You can use a Manufacturer coupon alongside a price match - per Target’s normal coupon policy. Target does not ad match a competitor’s coupon-required offers.
If you found this helpful – make sure to read our post on Walmart’s Black Friday & Holiday Policies as well!