Target Holiday & Black Friday Tips
Target is one of my favorite places to shop because of their fantastic year-round price-match policy, bountiful coupons and new Carthweel savings, and the Free Shipping and 5% OFF granted to all RedCard Debit or credit card users. I’m a big fan of free shipping – it helps you avoid situations where you might find yourself trying to slip a giant ImagiNext castles under your coat so the kids don’t see. Yes – I have done this. No, I don’t want to do it again. (Read our post about the ninja-skills required to Christmas shop with kids.)
Unfortunately, the employees at Target aren’t always as well-informed of their own policies as we might hope – and there is nothing more frustrating that making a special trip for a hot deal only to be turned down because of misinformation. Prepare yourself for some great hassle-free deals by going over these Target Holiday & Black Friday Tips – and follow the links to print out the Target Price Match Policy so you won’t run into any issues!
Target Holiday Price Match:
Target will price-match a competitor’s advertised price provided you can show them proof either as a physical ad, or they will pull it up online at guest services.
Target will price-match current ONLINE ads from Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, Toys R Us or Babies R Us
Target will match AFTER the fact as well.
- If you already bought an item at Target between Nov. 1 and Dec. 21, and find the identical item for less at any of the online retailers mentioned above, or in a local competitor’s print ad, return for a refund of the difference. *The original receipt must be presented at time of price match
Target REDCard holders (Debit or Credit versions) will get an extra 30 Days to price match
EXCLUDES Price matches for prices offered Nov. 28 through Dec. 2 and Dec. 22–26 by Target, Target.com or a competitor (Black Friday Sales)
EXCLUDES Price Matches for an online competitor where the item is out of stock
More Price Match Exclusions:
- There are several exclusions to take note of – here are the main ones that will affect you, but you can read all the fine print here. Mostly these address Early Birds, Door Busters, Lightning Deals, Gold Box Deals, etc…
Using a coupon when price matching:
- You can use a Manufacturer coupon alongside a price match - per Target’s normal coupon policy. HOWEVER, using a Target coupon alongside a price match is basically pointless. Target will deduct the Target Coupon from the price of the item first, and then if the competitor price is still lower, they’ll lower it down to that. See – pointless.
There are several ways to get FREE Shipping at Target this Holiday Season:
- Get FREE Shipping on many toys through 11/27.
- Get FREE Shipping on orders of $50 +
- Get FREE Shipping on any order, no minimum with the Target Red Card or Redcard Debit card.
- Get FREE Store Pickup on select items *NEW*
If you found this helpful – make sure to read our post on Walmart’s Black Friday & Holiday Policies as well!