When you need a cheap & easy family meal-idea in a hurry, we’ve got you covered! Each week we’ll be featuring one of the great recipes -based on Weekly Sales- from Laurie’s collection over at PassionatePennyPincher. Today’s Manic Monday Deal is:
Pecan Chocolate Chip Pie
(AKA: Derb*y Pie. See, we can’t actually say “Der*y Pie, because the people who make it have a copyright on that name and the same family still makes them to this day! Seriously, you can watch more about them HERE)
My brother-in-law makes this Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie every Thanksgiving, and if it were up to me I’d bypass the turkey and dressing completely, and gobble down this fabulous pie first (in fact I often do!) This recipe is from Patti’s Restaurant in Western Kentucky (also home to the famous Boo-Boo Pie, and the largest Pork Chops you’ve ever seen), so you know it’s gotta be good! Here’s the recipe . .
* 1 cup sugar – $.98 at Bi-Lo (See HERE) or use $0.40/1 Domino Sugar 11/14 RP
* 1/2 cup all purpose flour Gold Medal Flour – On Sale Publix $1.49
* 1/2 cup melted butter (it’s not as good with margarine) -Land O Lakes Sweet Cream Butter$2.50, use $0.50/1 PRINT or from 10/24 SS
* 2 eggs, slightly beaten
* 6 oz. package chocolate chips (I’m betting you stockpiled those last week
* 1 cup chopped pecans (If you find a deal on them I’d love to hear about it!)
* 1 teaspoon vanilla – Use $0.25/1 McCormick 11/7 RP
* 9 inch unbaked pie shell Pillsbury Pie Crusts On Sale $2- Use $0.50/2 PRINT
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Mix together sugar and flour. Add melted butter and blend well.
3. Stir in eggs, chocolate chips, nuts and vanilla.
4. Pour mixture into pie shell. Bake in oven for one hour or until golden brown.
5. Pie will wiggle a little when done; but will continue to set as it cools. Serves 8.
Enjoy! (I promise you’ll love this one!)