My youngest brought home this adorable bag today from one of the teachers at school – it’s a Thanksgiving Blessing Snack Mix and I wanted to share it with you all!
This would be great to make up baggies for neighbors around Thanksgiving, or make up a bowl and set it out for snacking, along with the printable explanation To make the mix, combine equal parts of Bugles, pretzels, candy corn, sunflower seeds, raisins or dried cranberries,
Each item in the mix represents a blessing to be thankful for – especially from the first Thanksgiving with the Pilgrims.
- Bugles: Represent the cornucopia, a horn of plenty
- Pretzels: Represent arms folded in thanks and prayer
- Candy Corn: Reminds us that during the first winter, the Pilgrims were only allowed a few kernels of corn a day because food was so scarce
- Seeds: Are a promise of future harvest if they are planted and well tended
- Fruit: Is a reminder of the harvest gifts from the land
- M&Ms: Are for memories of those who came before us
- Hershey’s Kiss: Is a reminder of the love of family and friends that sweetens our lives
I found the same printable that his teacher used over here on IHaveNoGreaterJoy - so cute!
This is similar to another Fall snack mix we like to make called Scarecrow Crunch