Cooking out this week? If so, stop into Earthfare to pick up some amazing deals on your cookout needs! All offfers are valid thru 7/6.
- $4/lb grass fed ground beef – limit 5 pounds
- $3/lb boneless chicken breast-limit 5 pounds
- $3/lb fresh deli salads (potato salad, coleslaw,macaroni salad)
- $2 whole watermelon- limit 1
- $1 bottles earthfare iced teas and lemonades 16oz- limit 4 bottles
It’s the last day of June, which means many of our favorite coupons will disappear tonight. Make sure to print them before that happens so you can score these hot deals!Here’s a few of our top coupons for June + deals to match!
We wanted to wish everyone a Happy Father’s Day. My daddy is celebrating in heaven. Although, I miss him so much I know nothing on earth can compare to his eternal home. I am so thankful that we will see him again and spend eternity together. Today, my kids and I celebrate my hubby. He is an incredible husband, father, and friend. I am blessed beyond measure, and so thankful. Hold tight to the Father’s in your life you celebrate today, I hope that you can relax and lay the cares of this life aside.
On a not so serious note, my kids asked a couple of years ago how Father’s Day started. Don’t know about you, but I had no idea. So, we looked up some Father’s Day Facts and included them below in case you were wondering yourself.
Facts about Father’s Day
- The first local Father’s Day was celebrated on June 19, 1910, in Spokane, Washington.
- Father’s Day was first celebrated on the third Sunday of June.
- Sonora Louise Smart Dodd, of Spokane, Washington, started the tradition of Father’s Day in the honor of her dad, William Smart, a widowed Civil War veteran.
- In 1916, US President Woodrow Wilson approved the idea of observing an annual Father’s Day.
- In1924, US President Calvin Coolidge made Father’s Day a national event.
- In 1966, US President Lyndon Johnson signed a presidential proclamation declaring the 3rd Sunday of June as Father’s Day.
- Father’s Day is the fifth most popular card-sending holiday, with an estimated $100 million in card sales. Husbands, grandfathers, uncles, sons and sons-in-law are honored as well as father.
- The first presidential proclamation honoring fathers was issued in 1966 when President Lyndon Johnson designated the third Sunday in June as Father’s Day.
- Father’s Day has been celebrated annually since 1972 when President Richard Nixon signed the public law that made it permanent.
- Neck ties, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, are the number one gift for Father’s Day.
- In terms of popularity, Father’s Day gifts include hammers, wrenches and screwdrivers. Other presents for dad have a sporty theme: Golf clubs and fishing rods.
- In Costa Rica, attempts were made to celebrate Father’s Day on March 19, which is the feast day of St. Joseph. However, the official Father’s Day date in Costa Rica is still third Sunday in June.
- Rose is the official flower for Father’s Day. Wearing a red rose signifies a living father, while white one represents deceased father.
- It has been claimed by Hallmark, the renowned greeting card maker that Father’s Day makes up the fifth-largest card-sending holiday in the world.
- It is believed that the word “Dad” dates back to as early as the sixteenth century.
- In Australia, the first Sunday of September is observed as Father’s Day, while Finnish people celebrate the festival on the second Sunday of November. In Thailand, 5th December is observed as Father’s Day every year.
Starting 6/15, we can snag 2 FREE Aquafina FlavorSplash Sparkling drinks at CVS! Hurry and print this $1/1 Aquafina FlavorSplash Sparkling CVS coupon before it disappears.
Amazon is selling San Francisco Coffee K-Cups for only $0.31 Each! That’s a stock-up price, and it ships to your door FREE!
My kids are going through the frozen treats like crazy now that the weather is warm – so I thought I’d make some Homemade Pudding Pops with them! WhenFlavor-Ices and smoothies start to lose their appeal, try these easy, cheap, and delicious pudding pops using paper cups and a spoon.
You only need 5 things for this recipe – and it’s pretty inexpensive to make! You can also use lowfat milk for a healthier version. [Read more...]
If you haven’t already done so, head over to the U by Kotex site to request a FREE U by Kotexsample pack ! You can currently request either a pack of Cleanwear Pads and Liners, Extra Maxi Pads with liners, Sleek tampons and liners, or click tampons and liners.