If you or the man in your life enjoy grilling – you may want to take advantage of today’s Groupon Deal!
Right now you can get a big discount on Omaha Steaks packages – great for summertime entertaining to a little Father’s Day treat!
Keep in mind – you’ll need to order by June 10th for Father’s Day Delivery.
The 3 Deal Options:
$55 for The Classic Favorites Combo ($114 list price)
- Two (5 oz.) bacon-wrapped filet mignon
- [Read more...]
Today’s Amazon Gold Box Deal is the Indiana Jones Complete Adventures on Blu-Ray for 61% OFF! You can get all four movies below, plus 7 hours of special features for $38.99 (Reg $99.98) This would make a great Father’s Day Gift!
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Temple of Doom
- Last Crusade
- Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Check out all the special features included in this Blu-Ray Combo HERE.
Please note that Amazon’s prices fluctuate and can change at any time. Be sure to verify current price before placing your order. Find more great Amazon Deals in our Amazon Category!
Caleb, me (Kasey), Morgan and Gary
I love family traditions, especially on holidays. Father’s Day is no exception, my kids and I had a great day celebrating Father’s Day with their daddy, my wonderful husband of 15 years.
Usually, we have donut’s for breakfast on Father’s Day and on birthdays. This year, we changed up the tradition just a bit. Instead, I made homemade Crescent Cinnamon Rolls. I can tell you from the rave reviews that donut’s on Father’s Day are a thing of the past. These were soooo yummy!
After breakfast, we all got ready and headed to church. We enjoyed a wonderful message, then we took my hubby out to lunch. Before I tell you where we ate lunch, don’t judge. Our church is about 30 minutes away from home in a small town. There are only about 3 sit down restaurants, and all of them had a super long line except for………The Western Sizzlin. I have to admit, they’ve got a mean salad bar, and my kids love all the veggies on the buffet. (No we are not buffet warriors but my kiddos loved these gigantic rolls.)
I took a great nap on the way home. There is nothing like a mid afternoon full belly power nap. As you can imagine, after making the Crescent Cinnamon Rolls I had quite a mess in the kitchen to clean up. We do good to arrive at church 15 minutes late on Sunday Morning, if I would have cleaned up the kitchen after breakfast we would have never made it. It was one of those mornings when the dishwasher was full of clean dishes, you now what I mean.
After we all had some down time, we decided to go to the driving range and hit golf balls. My husband played golf in college so he is really good. Both Morgan and Caleb, have his natural athletic ability. I on the other hand, do not have one athletic bone in my body. Even so, we had so much fun! My heart just bubbled over watching Morgan and Caleb hit the ball.
Of course, we had to have a couple of transition moments since baseball and softball season just ended. At fist, I think they were confused. Once they quit whacking the ball like a baseball/softball I was amazed at how good they were.
I on the other hand, stood back for a few minutes, happy to be the family photographer when my husband handed over his driver. We’ve been together 18 years (married 15 1/2), and I’ve only tried to really hit a golf ball two or three times. Having already admitted my lack of natural athletic ability, I was a little nervous. However, it didn’t take long before I started enjoying hitting the ball. All my stress, began to slowly disappear.
Don’t let the form fool you, remember I told you that my hubby played golf in college? He showed me how to swing the golf club.
Swooooshhhhh……..yes that is the ball you see, still on the tee. I can hit some mean air balls. Eventually, after several more “practice swings” I started hitting the ball.
My hubby is really good! All those years of practice paid off. We had so much fun together at the driving range. As a family, I’d love for us to start playing golf together now that the kiddos are old enough. Especially as they get older, we’ve got to make sure we show interest in things they are interested in and be purposeful in planning family fun time together. Father’s Day was just the beginning, we’ve got the rest of the summer to hang out at the driving range together. Besides having a blast, it was great exercise. Trust me, my arm muscles are killing me. Morgan and Caleb are already asking when we can go back. Yes, we created a new memory that really mattered to them.
What about you? How did your family celebrate Father’s Day? Did you start any new traditions or create special memories together? I’d love to hear from you!
I’m a blog ambassador for Land O’Mom. You can find this post, along with several others that I’ve written on the Land O’Mom site here.
Calling all superhero fans! Right now on Amazon, you can get Superman the Movie 4-Disc Special Edition for just $4.51 Shipped!
This is regularly $39.99, but right now you can buy it for only $4.51 + it’s eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.
This might be a great Father’s Day Present for your own Superman!
- Thanks ExtremeSavingsWithDivaDesirae
Here are some “Best Bets” for Retail Deals for all of you Father’s Day Procrastinators!
- Barnes & Noble – 15% off one item Exp 6/19
- Family Christian – 25% off purchase Exp 7/14
- Famous Footwear – $10 off $50 Exp 6/19
- Gap Outlet – Any pair of shorts $15 w/coupon Valid 6/18 – 6/19
- JC Penney – $10 off $50 Exp 7/10
- Kohl’s – 20% off purchase Exp 6/19
- Kohl’s – $5 off Men’s Dockers apparel Exp 6/26
- Michael’s – 50% off regular priced item exp 6/18
- Office Depot – $15 off $75 Exp 6/20
- Old Navy – Facebook Exclusive $10 off $50
- Old Navy – 25% off men’s items Exp 6/19
- Sears – Facebook Exclusive $10 off $40 Valid 6/17 – 6/18
- Target – Various Coupons
- Wilson’s Leather – 25% off one item Exp 6/19
Thanks Your Retail Helper for the list!
Are you still trying to figure out some ideas for that Father’s Day gift?? Even though it is around the corner, there are some freebies that could make his day feel a little more special.
Fun Freebie for Dad:
Guys always like to wear t-shirts. So why not make a personalized custom one just for them? It could be about grilling, from the heart or being the world’s greatest dad…etc
Customized t-shirt for $2 from Vista Print
Other Fun Freebies:
- Free 8×10 Photo Collage Print at Walgreens (Valid until June 18)
- 100 Free Business cards at Staples - Want T2$ cards? We’ve included a template:)
- Head & Shoulders 2-in-1 Endurance Shampoo & Conditioner for Men(Facebook Offer)
- Free TCBY Ice cream cup or frozen yogurt cone for Dad on June 19
- Free breakfast & coffee at IKEA on June 19
- Make Dad an eCard andreceive a coupon for yourself & Dad for a free Quesadilla at Denny’s (Facebook offer)
- Free meal at Beef O’ Brady’s with another meal purchase on June 19
- Make Dad a toolbox at Home Depot, Saturday, June 18 from 9 am – 12 pm
- Free Key chain for Kids to make for Dad at Michaels, June 18 from 10 am to 12 pm
- Free Casual Gingham Portrait Collage from Walmart inside Pictureme! Portrait Studios (Valid through June 30)
- Free Father’s Day coloring pages
- Free Father’s Day Cards from Chuck E. Cheese
If your Father is overseas in the U.S. Military you can request a Scion Military Care Package. These are filled with tons of goodies!
This would be a great way to show appreciation to our troops, they don’t have to be a “Father,” I think they all deserve one just because. :)
Be sure to check out Restaurant Freebies for Dad!