I ran into CVS last night to pick up our totally FREE PAAS Easter Egg Kit - and I noticed that in the ad there is an advertisement for a FREE Gift with any Easter Candy purchase. ($5 Value)
Woohoo! My kids are always wanting new Play-Doh and here’s a great deal! Head over to print this $1/1 Play-Doh Coupon, then take it to Walmart to get the 10-Pack for just $5.88.
If you’re looking for fun new Easter Egg decorating ideas – here’s a list of 25 great ideas! From mosaic eggs to mustache eggs – there’s bound to be an Easter egg idea for every member of your family on this list :) Check out lots of other Easter Ideas in our Easter Ideas Category!
If you’re looking for Kids Easter Crafts - we’re putting” all our eggs in one basket” for you with this Easter Craft roundup! From decorating eggs to making a “Peeps Tree” – these fun family ideas will get your creative juices flowing in no time! See more Easter Ideas HERE!
Right now you can print some great Easter Candy Coupons on Coupons.com! Head over and print out $1.50/1 Mars Seasonal Candy 18oz + (Get 2 of them per computer). Then head over to CVS this week where you can get them for only $3.50 each! (Reg around $7.99)
Photo courtesy of WomenLivingWell
If you have a little spare time this evening, you may want to make one of these treats with your kiddos to help teach them about Easter in a way that easily grabs little minds and hearts.
I’ve included the recipe for Resurrection cookies below. It’s a great opportunity to hang out with the kiddos, bake cookies, spend time talking to each of them while sharing the Easter story. Hope you enjoy, we’d love to hear about your family’s experience. If you already have your own traditions in place we’d love to hear yours too.
Easter Story or “Resurrection” Cookies
Things you’ll need:
1 cup whole pecans 1 tsp. vinegar
3 egg whites pinch salt
1 cup sugar zipper baggie
wooden spoon tape
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (this is important – don’t wait until you’re half done with the recipe!)
- Place pecans in zipper baggie & let children beat them with the wooden spoon to break into small pieces.
- Explain that after Jesus was arrested, He was beaten by the Roman soldiers. Read John 19:1-3
- Let each child smell the vinegar. Put 1 tsp. vinegar into mixing bowl.
- Explain that when Jesus was thirsty on the cross, He was given vinegar to drink. Read John 19:28-30.
- Add egg whites to vinegar.
- Eggs represent life. Explain that Jesus gave His life to give us life. Read John 10:10-11.
- Sprinkle a little salt into each child’s hand. Let them taste it and brush the rest into the bowl.
- Explain that this represents the salty tears shed by Jesus’ followers, and the bitterness of our own sin. Read Luke 23:27
- So far, the ingredients are not very appetizing. Add 1 cup sugar.
- Explain that the sweetest part of the story is that Jesus died because He loves us. He wants us to know and belong to Him. Read Psalms 34:8 & John 3:16.
- Beat with a mixer on high speed for 12-15 minutes until stiff peaks are formed.
- Explain that the color white represents the purity in God’s eyes of those whose sins have been cleansed by Jesus. Read Isaiah 1:18 & John 3:1-3.
- Fold in broken nuts. Drop by teaspoons onto wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Explain that each mound represents the rocky tomb where Jesus’ body was laid. Read Matthew 27:57-60.
- Put the cookie sheet in the oven, close the door and turn the oven OFF. Give each child a piece of tape and seat the oven door.
- Explain that Jesus’ tomb was sealed. Read Matthew 27:65-66.
- GO TO BED!
- Explain that they may feel sad to leave the cookies in the oven overnight. Jesus’ followers were in despair when the tomb was sealed. Read John 16:20 – 22
On Easter morning, open the oven and give everyone a cookie. Notice the cracked surface & take a bite. The cookies are hollow! On the first Easter, Jesus’ followers were amazed to find the tomb open and empty. Read Matthew 28:1-9 & Rejoice!
Jelly Bean Jar
Right now get $5 off any $19.99 purchase in the Our Generation doll line (very similar to the American Girl dolls) when you enter promo code TGTCKQAQ at checkout. The Our Generation Line also receive FREE Shipping right now and several dolls, accessory sets and doll carriers are on price cut for $16.99 as well! If you buy (2) $16.99 items and use the $5 Off code, they’ll be just $14.49 ea + FREE Shipping.
Buy (2) Our Generation Regular Dolls on temporary price cut for $16.99 (was $21.99)
- Enter code TGTCKQAQ for $5 Off
- Get FREE Shipping right now on Our Generation
(makes it $28.98 Shipped!)
What a great idea for a nice Easter present, or to go in the closet for Christmas/Birthday time!
They get great reviews - their eyes open and shut, they each have wardrobes, books and backstories and are a great alternative to the $100 American Girl Dolls!
Happy Sunday! Today’s Tanga Deal of the Day is a 2-Pack of Thomas & Rosie Easter Trains for just $10.98 Shipped! (reg. $25.99) This would be a great Easter Basket centerpiece
Just GO HERE to get this deal before it sells out!