Jamie here! It’s a cold, rainy day here in Tennessee and I thought I’d fix the family their favorite cheesy potatoes tonight for supper. I do these in the oven when it’s yucky outside – nice that you can just toss the dirty foil when you’re done and not have to wash a dish!
Cornflake Ranch Chicken Tenders Recipe
- Chicken Breast or Tenderloins (NOT frozen)
- 1 Cup Cornflakes
- 1 Cup Milk
- 4 Tbsp Ranch Dressing
- Parmesan Cheese *optional
- Chicken Seasoning *optional
- Garlic Powder *optional
- First, cut your chicken breasts into strips. A nice sized breast should yield about 3 strips. Set all of these aside and go ahead and preheat the oven to 425.
- Pour 1 cup of cornflakes into a Ziploc bag and crush into fine crumbs
- Fill a cereal bowl about 1/2 of the way with milk and add dressing.
- Dump the cornflake crumbs from the bag into a separate bowl and stir in the seasonings you like.
- Using a fork (or your fingers) dip each tender in the milk bath and then press it into the cornflake coating. Make sure it's covered well so the chicken won't dry out in the oven.
- Place tenders on a cookie sheet that you've liberally sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Spray the tops of the tenders as well - to help the them get a nice golden color as they bake.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
Crock-Pot Cola Ham
With all the stores trying to get rid of their Easter hams, you can get some pretty good deals right now. Might as well grab one and cook it up with this easy recipe – then feast on the leftovers for lunch all week!
Jamie here! Bi-Lo has whole chickens on sale this week for 89¢/lb – I’m picking some up to make my simple roast chicken and thought I’d re-share it in case you missed it before
Jamie here, if you’re looking for a simple roast chicken recipe – here’s your guy. No kidding – if I’d ever realized in the early years of marriage that making a beautiful roast chicken was this easy, I would’ve saved my husband from years of Hamburger Helper
I learned this tip from my friend Meg, who is an amazing cook and the type of woman you secretly kind of hate, who makes a home-cooked dinner every. single. night. She’s also cute - which is just unfair (right?). But while hanging out with her recently she told me that she roasts chicken pretty often to make chicken salad for the week – or soup, tacos, pasta or other recipes.
After she shared her secret, I had to try it right away.
Hot Ham & Cheese Sliders Recipe
Since most of us will have a plate full of leftover ham in the fridge following Easter, here’s an easy dinner you can whip up for the family this week!
Meatless Meals Recipes | A Roundup for Lent!
Well, here we are, nearly halfway through Lent… and if you’re looking around for a few new meatless meals recipes to add to the rotation – we’ve rounded up some really great ones for you to try! Some of them are our own family favorites, and some are recipes from our blogging friends who are great home cooks.
We hope you find a new one for your family to enjoy – and please share any of your favorite standby meatless meal recipes in the comments!
Easy Cheesy Potato Soup (Stove-top version)
And for those nights when meat isn’t an issue – check out our post on 10 Crockpot Dinner Recipes for Busy Nights!
Kasey here, as we continue on our journey of healthy eating I am always trying to come up with new recipes that my family will love. Last night, I made Apricot Chicken with broccoli and asparagus and it was amazing!! This recipe was inspired by Olive Garden’s Venetian Apricot Chicken, however I have made several adjustments to the recipe to make it easier to prepare.
If you happen to be staying in on Valentine’s Day and are looking for an easy Valentine’s Day dinner, Crock Pot Lasagna is a fabulous option! Several years ago, I found this recipe for Crock Pot Lasagna and fell in love. I use a bottled spaghetti sauce but add additional spices to give it a homemade taste. If you keep browned ground beef in the freezer (read more here), it will cut your preparation time dramatically. After the recipe, scroll down as I have also included a couple of pics to answer any questions you might have.