Jamie here!! I love baked pasta in all it’s many forms – be it the super versatile Meat Lover’s 3-Cheese Baked Rigatoni or our much loved Freezer Lasagna Recipe – you can’t go a week in this house without having pasta (and Mexican) for supper!
This Ravioli Lasagna bake is the same concept as any other baked pasta that I make – with one exception – MORE CHEESE! Guys- there is cheese within cheese within cheese here. Not to mention you really oughtta serve it with parmesan cheese just for good measure.
We have a high school girls’ retreat coming up at church and I want to make stuff the girls will really like. Since I know how much they *heart* cheese and carbs, and are picky about certain veggies, etc… I figured this would go over well
Here are the basic steps to layer up your ravioli lasagna – note that MORE cheese can be added in any of these steps – this is just to give you an idea how I did it.
- Preheat oven to 400
- Pour a layer of sauce in the bottom of the dish
- Lay out frozen ravioli side by side in sauce
- Cover ravioli with sauce (You see, the sauce on both sides makes sure the ravioli does it’s boiling in the oven)
- Sprinkle Mozzarella Cheese on top
- Lay out ravioli side by side again (Photo 1)
- Cover with sauce (Photo 2)
- Plop on several dollops of ricotta cheese (Photo 3)
- Finish with another layer of mozarella (Photo 4)
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes
I used up about a jar and a half of sauce for this when I cooked it on Monday – and put the extra half a jar of sauce and half a container of ricotta back in the fridge for Friday – when we made it again for our Meatless meal. Noone complained – they boys said they could eat this every day!
Regarding ravioli stacking…. I had an extra large 10″ x 15″ Pyrex dish (It is my FAVORITE baking dish for our large family) – so I was able to make 2 layers of 24 ravioli. If you have a smaller dish, you’ll probably want to do 3 layers since less will fit in the dish.