Mother’s Day weekend is (or should be!) a day for mom to sleep in and get breakfast-in-bed, but if the rest of your family is cooking-challenged they may need a push in the right direction. Since we leave for church pretty early on Mother’s Day, we sometimes start celebrating on Saturday morning. My sweet husband and big kids let me sleep in a little while they cook breakfast. It’s such a nice treat to not relax while they are doing all the work!
Even though we normally eat very healthy, Mother’s Day is an all out cheat day where I treat myself with whatever I want and I enjoy every single bite without once ounce of guilt. In case your hubby might need some inspiration, here are 10 breakfast recipes that Jamie and I have posted over the years you might enjoy.
- Banana Nut Muffins with Streusel Topping and Chocolate Chips
- Easy Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Homemade Granola Bars with Fruit & Nuts
- Ham & Egg Breakfast Cups
- Christmas Morning Breakfast Casserole
- Night-Before Breakfast Casserole
- Apple Cinnamon Freezer Pancakes
- Microwave Bacon
- Homemade English Muffin Bread