Today’s the big day, Super Bowl XLV11. To be honest, I didn’t even know who was playing in the Super Bowl until my friends 12 year old son asked me if I was rooting for the Raven’s or 49ers. If you ask me, the best part about Super bowl Sunday is the food. Hot Sandwiches, Pizza, BBQ, Chips and Cheese, Chocolate……yummy!!! Don’t mind me, I’ll just be in the kitchen all night.
These Hot Ham & Cheese Sliders are easy to make, and a real crowd pleaser. I’ve been making these for years, and have always gotten rave reviews!!
- 24 Small Dinner Rolls
- Land O’ Frost Honey Ham (My favorite is Bistro Favorites Honey Glazed Smoked Ham)
- Swiss Cheese Slices
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds (optional)
- 2 Teaspoons Onion Flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut tops off of rolls, without separating into individual rolls and place in a baking pan or cookie sheet.
- Place ham and cheese on the bottom of the rolls.
- I fold over the ham over and use a generous amount on each roll.
- Replace tops.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan and boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour over rolls, allow to sit for 10 minutes then cover with foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove foil and bake for 1 additional minute.
- Allow to cool a bit and serve!
- You can also prepare the day before and place in fridge until ready to bake.
- A great make-ahead party dish.