We might regret this later, but for accountability we have all started exercising. For myself, (Kasey) I have to be honest I have been blogging for about 18 months straight and am completely out of shape. I just finished a bible study, The Frazzled Female, and have been challenged to take better care of myself . This isn’t about weight, it’s about eating healthier, exercising and getting enough sleep. I will be the first to admit, I don’t get enough sleep, I don’t like water, I love sweets, and I haven’t been exercising.
So….. stay tuned as we get started on a new journey toward healthy living. Our friend Gina, at Spectrum shared some tips to help get us started during the holiday season.
- Make changes gradually. Don’t try everything at once. It may take longer, but the change will be permanent.
- Set short term, realistic goals. Look for parking far away, not close to the door. Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Make health, not appearance, your priority
- Focus on a healthy eating style, not on “dieting.” Dieting is short-term and rarely produces long-term success.
- Remember that eating healthy can include all foods in moderation.
Anyone want to join in? We are going to do this one step at a time and we don’t want to wait until January and it be another New Years Resolution to break.
Stay tuned for more……