I whipped together this super easy pasta salad this morning and thought I’d share my recipe. My daughter even said that it was so delicious it was definitely Pinterest worthy. This Pasta Salad recipe is chock full of fresh veggies, in fact, there are more vegetables than pasta. You could add in whatever vegetables you have on hand. I basically cleaned out our fridge, chopped all the vegetables, and tossed them in. Viola we have a healthy Pasta Salad. It is best chilled overnight but I doubt we’ll be able to wait that long. If you are going to a cookout or get-together for Memorial Day, it’s a perfect side dish to bring along.
- 1 13.25 ounce box of whole grain pasta
- 4 squash, diced
- 3 cucumbers, diced
- 1 bunch of fresh broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 packet of ranch salad dressing mix
- low fat Italian salad dressing
- Boil pasta until al dente then rinse in cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl combine pasta, vegetables, and packet of ranch salad dressing mix.
- Pour in Italian salad dressing until pasta is covered.
- Stir thoroughly so that all ingredients are covered in salad dressing, then place in fridge to chill.
- Best if chilled overnight before serving. May need to add a tad more salad dressing before serving.