The links in the post below may be affiliate links, and our time compensated by our partners. All opinions are 100% our own – read the full disclosure here.
Target is one of my favorite places to shop, and I know I’m not alone in this one. I’ve always wanted to get the REDcard debit card so I could benefit from the free shipping and 5% discount – but I was a little hesitant. Okay, a lot hesitant. Well, I just now finished going through the online application process to get a Target Debit Card, and I wanted to tell you how – and why I finally bit the bullet (before my kids get home from school!)
Now I am totally wary of all credit card-type signups. Target and Kohl’s employees have been at it for years and I haven’t caved yet. (Mostly because I was super afraid of doing anything to make my credit score drop at all.) But after talking with a couple friends this week, I finally felt comfortable enough to sign up for the Target REDCard DEBIT card. And here’s why…. It. Is. Awesome. Like getting Amazon Prime for Target, without the yearly fee!
It is also SAFE.
First of all, there’s no credit check to get a Target debit card and it simply pulls from your existing bank account like a normal debit card. Even so, you’ll receive the same benefits as the REDcard Credit cardholders! Namely, Free Shipping and 5% OFF all purchases.
I’m a big fan of free shipping – it helps you avoid situations where you might find yourself trying to slip a giant Imaginext castles under your coat so the kids don’t see you doing their birthday shopping while they’re along for the ride Yes - I have done this. No, I don’t want to do it again.
Also – goodness me do I love to shop the clearance section of Target.com. And if I find a sundress for $7, and don’t have to cough up nearly the same amount for shipping, I’m a really happy camper.
Below are additional details about the REDcard to help you decide if it’s something you want:
- 5% off every day
- Free shipping at Target.com (no minimum purchase)
- Extended returns — 30 extra days
- Get up to $40 Cash Back at Checkout
- Target Tracks suspicious account activity
- Up to 1% of purchases go to school of your choice
- The online application process for debit and credit has immediate approval (except for some debit applications that require a few days to confirm a bank account)
- REDcard holders can easily check their credit card account balance, make a payment, review past statements, check their debit card transaction history and manage their PIN. They also get to enjoy exclusive offers available only to REDcard holders.
Find our more and apply for a Target REDcard debit card here!