Today is the first day of the month – and that means TONS of new coupons will be added to Coupons.com, CouponNetwork, SmartSource and RedPlum – as well as many manufacturer sites. This is awesome news – unless of course, you’re currently out of ink…. But that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on all these “first day of the month” coupons!
While some of you may already know this – I want to put this tip out there for those of you who may not:
- Go ahead and click all the coupons you want and hit print, just as you would if you had ink in the printer. Just make sure your printer is NOT connected to your computer. Every time it gives you an alert message, just hit “Okay”. You’ll be lining up a whole bunch of awesome coupons in your printer.
Now when you do refill on ink – plug your printer back into your computer and all those coupons waiting in line will print out for you – even if they’ve become unavailable in the meantime!
For other ways to save on ink – here are just a few tips:
- Choose black ink and print in greyscale only
- In settings, switch to a low quality or dpi (less saturated with ink)
- When printing a coupon which has a large ink-guzzling ad after it, just hit “cancel” after the coupon prints and before the ad starts
- Take advantage of office supply store rewards to pay for ink (freebies in the form of store cash)
- Shop online specials on re-manufactured ink cartridges at 4Inkjets
Do you have any tips to save on ink? We’d love to hear them!