I went to Dollar general on Friday to use my $5 off $30 DG Coupon along with some Gain coupons I’d been holding onto…. and it was…. horrific! Sure – I finally got out of there with a good deal on some things I needed, but the cashier was elderly and un-wise to the ways of coupons. Not to mention, the register had not been set to read the newer barcodes, so he had to manually type in a bazillion numbers. His manager who came to rescue him was also not sure what to do, nor was he particularly receptive to my helpful suggestions
All in all – I was at checkout returning, re-ringing and re-re-ringing my transaction for ONE HOUR before I got the heck out of there. It was a HOT MESS! Still – here’s what I got:
(7) Gain Dish Detergents – $1 ea *Used (7) $1/1 coupons
(6) Gain Dryer Sheets – $2 ea *Used (3) $2/2 Coupons
(2) Ragu Pasta Sauce – $2 ea *Used (2) $2 off Ragu + Clover Valley Pasta Tearpad
(2) Clover Valley Mac & Cheese Pasta – $.50 ea
(2) Brach’s Maple Nut Goodies – $1 ea *Used $1.50/2 Brachs COupon
(2) Airwick Candles (one not shown) – $2 ea *Used $2/2 Airwick Coupon
I gave my $5 off $30 first, and then the other $18.50 in coupons
Total = $6.50 + Tax for 21 items, or $.31 each!
I probably won’t be back to Dollar general for a long, long time – mostly because if those two cashiers ever see me again they might run for the hills I hate feeling like “that coupon lady” when I haven’t done anything wrong or overly complex – don’t you? What has your experience been at Dollar General??