Here’s another recipe a friend of mine posted on facebook this week, Cheesy Tortilla Soup. I can’t wait to try this, it looks fantastic. Nothing like a hot bowl of soup on a chilly winter day. I would pair this with tortilla chips, or possibly Mexican Cornbread. If you have a recipe you’d like to share with us, we might feature it on the blog. Send an email to email@example.com with “recipe” in the subject line. Include detailed instructions along with photos.
- 1 envelope chicken fajita seasoning mix
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 tbsp. oil (olive)
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1/4 c butter, cubed
- 1/3 c flour
- 2 14.5oz cans of chicken broth
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 c cubed Velveeta
- 1 1/2 c Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar
- 1 1/2 c half and half
- Cook chicken in the olive oil and add fajita seasoning mix, set aside.
- In large saucepan, sauté onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 min or until thick and bubbly. Add the rotel, Velveeta and cheeses. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Stir in half and half and chicken. Simmer, but do not boil.
- Serve topped with chips and cheese.
- **I also added 1 can of mexicorn and 4 oz. of cream cheese**
Nutrition: 1 cup- 300 calories, 11 carbs, 19 g fat, 21 g protein Weight Watchers points plus:8