When you need a cheap & easy family meal-idea in a hurry, we’ve got you covered! Each week we’ll be featuring one of the great recipes -based on Weekly Sales- from Laurie’s collection over at PassionatePennyPincher. Today’s Manic Monday Deal is:
Berry Barbecued Pork Roast
- 1 3lb. pork roast Whole or Half Boneless Pork Loin or Rib Half, 2.49/lb, Use $1/1 Earthfare Natural Pork
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries I think they were around $2.50 at my store
- 1 cup sugar Use $0.50/2 Domino Sugar from 8/29, 10/17 RP or $0.30/1, $0.75/1 Imperial Sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. Put fat side up on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake for 45 minutes.
- In saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Bring to boil & reduce heat to low.
- Cook and stir sauce for 10-12 minutes or until thickened.
- Brush sauce over roast, and bake an additional 15-20 minutes, or until roast temperature reads 160 degrees, brushing frequently with sauce. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing, and serve with remaining sauce.
Serve with . . .
- Potatoes Tasteful Selections Potatoes, 24 or 28 oz bag, 2.99 or Idahoan Potatoes Advantage Buy $1, use $1/3 Idahoan Flavored Potatoes , $1/1 Idahoan Potatoes , $0.75/3 Idahoan Potatoes
- Stockpiled Veggies