When you need a cheap & easy family meal-idea in a hurry, we’ve got you covered! Each week we’ll be featuring one of the great recipes -based on Publix’s Weekly Sales- from Laurie’s collection over at PassionatePennyPincher. Make sure to visit her site each week for a full weekly menu-plan! Today’s Manic Monday Meal is…..
Sweet Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (Whole chicken on sale $1.19/lb. at Publix in current ad, will go on sale for $.77/lb. at Kroger 8/5/10 – 8/7/10. Cook according to crockpot chicken recipe , let cool, and shred)
- 2 golden delicious apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup yellow raisins
- 1/2 cup grapes, sliced Black Seedless Grapes will be on sale $.98/lb. at Kroger 8/5/10 – 8/7/10.
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped To toast just bake in oven at 350 for 4-5 minutes, watch closely so they don’t scorch
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup mayonaise Kraft Mayo BOGO $4.99, use $.50/2 Kraft Mayo from 6/20 SS
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar $.30/1 Domino Sugar
Mix all ingredients well. Cover and refrigerate – tastes best after it has been refrigerated several hours. Enjoy! AND – if chicken salad doesn’t float your boat – make sure to read her frugal tips for cooking whole chicken HERE!