Recently, I’ve seen all kinds of yummy looking recipes all over facebook. Since many are shared, and not linked to the original source I am a little leary of trying the recipe. So, when a recipe gets my attention I prefer to test it out in my kitchen.
Of course I am not a great recipe follower, so I tend to change up the ingredients a bit to suit my family’s taste. We loved this recipe, although it was a little spicy. I made homemade Mexican Brown rice to serve with the Baked Chicken Fajitas to complete the meal. If you are looking for low carb chicken recipes, I would suggest serving the chicken fajitas in lettuce wraps or whole grain tortillas.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 large purple onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 orange pepper, sliced
- 1 can RO*TEL (I used the Mexican Lime & Cilantro variety)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice chicken and veggies into strips.
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil, RO*TEL, lemon, and spices. Mix well.
- Add the chicken and veggies to the seasoning mixture and stir until coated.
- Pour into greased 10X13 baking dish.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through. Stir halfway through cooking.
- Serve with whole grain tortillas or lettuce wraps.