Wal-Mart has often been a difficult place to use coupons – in general. However, they’ve just made some HUGE CHANGES to their coupon policy that will have couponers showing up en masse to try their luck at Wally World! You can read the full policy here.
Below you will find the main points of Wal-Mart Coupon Policy. I have pulled out the new & exciting bits and they are up top in bullet points – with explanations.
- Coupons may exceed the price of the item. Change may be given or applied toward the cost of the basket purchase:
- This means that if you have a $3/1 Gain Fabric Softener Coupon – and Gain is only $1.87 – you will get $1.13 back in change, or have it applied to other items in your order! This is HUGE!
- We Accept Checkout coupons (also called “Catalinas”) that are printed at our competitors’ registers, have “Manufacturer Coupon” with specific requirements printed on them, a valid remit address for the manufacturer, valid expiration date, and a scannable bar code:
- This should include Walgreens Register Rewards and Checkout coupons from Bi-Lo or Food Lion (the ones that print out after your receipt, but meet the above guidelines)
- We Accept Competitors’ coupons that feature a specific item for a specified price:
- Basically – this means they will price match as usual. Don’t get too excited about that
We accept the following coupons:
•Print-at-home internet coupons (Must be legible, have “Manufacturer Coupon” printed on them, have a valid remit address for the manufacturer, valid expiration date, and have a scannable bar code.)
•Soft drink container caps
Walmart does not accept the following coupons:
•Print-at-home Internet coupons that require no purchase (i.e. No FREE coupons)
•Competitors’ coupons for dollars/cents or percentage off, buy one get one free, and double- or triple-value coupons
The following are guidelines and limitations:
•Only one coupon per item is permitted.
•Coupons must have an expiration date and be redeemed prior to expiration.
•Walmart only accepts coupons for merchandise that we sell.
•Coupons must be presented at the time of purchase.
•We accept the following with Customer Service Supervisor/Management approval:
◦40 or more coupons
◦Any coupon over $20
◦$50 or more in coupons in one transaction
- Thanks to WeUseCoupons!