Last week my hubby and I ran into TJMaxx to look for some new pants. With his 42 lb weight loss, nothing fit. At the checkout line they had bags of yummy apple chips that looked delicious, until we saw the $8.99 price tag. Seriously $8.99 for a bag of apple chips? No way, not when I knew I could figure out how to make them for much cheaper. Here is an easy recipe for homemade apple chips. With just a few simple steps, you’ll have freshly baked apple chips and your kitchen will smell amazing!
This recipe is AdvoCare 24-Day Challenge friendly.
First, wash the apples thoroughly, then core. I don’t know if this handy dandy tool is a pineapple or apple corer, but it worked beautifully.
I used my food processor to thinly slice the apples. It was super fast, and all the apples were sliced the exact same thickness.
Once I spread all the apples out on the cookie sheet, I sprinkled them with cinnamon. Bake for one hour, turn over slices and sprinkle with cinnamon and bake for another hour.
- 3lbs gala apples thinly sliced
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Wash apples thoroughly.
- Core apples, then slice very thin. I used my food my food processor.
- Lay apple slices flat on greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for one hour.
- Turn over, sprinkle cinnamon on the other side and bake for another hour.
- Allow to cool for 20-25 minutes, they will crisp up as they cool.