20 Graduation Quotes
Graduation season will be here soon … Those of us waiting proudly in the wings are now set with the task of presenting our graduate with a card filled containing the perfect encouraging words to send them off into the world. In case you need a little help being “memorable”, here’s a list of 20 graduation quotes to motivate, encourage or inspire a graduate.
There are some real gems in here – emphasizing the importance of hard work, persistence, following your dreams and making a difference. I hope some of these will come in handy when you’re trying to think of just the right words to jot down – I’m getting encouraged just listing them!
Then again – you could just present them with a copy of “Oh The Places You’ll Go” and call it a day
- Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. Nelson Mandela
- “The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do.” Sarah Ban Breathnach
- Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it. William Arthur Ward
- If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door. Milton Berle
- You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them. ~Michael Jordan
- Don’t let anyone steal your dream. It’s your dream, not theirs. ~Dan Zadra
- Share your sparkle wherever you are. ~Dodinsky
- Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart. ~Kongzi
- What we are is God’s gift to us. What we become is our gift to God. ~Eleanor Powell
- You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You’re on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who’ll decide where to go.
- Whether you think you can or think you can’t – you are right. ~Henry Ford
- Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. ~Judy Garland
- If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves. ~Thomas Alva Edison
- The man who has done his best has done everything. ~Charles M. Schwab
- There are many wonderful things that will never be done if you do not do them. ~Charles D. Gil
- God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow in them. ~Author Unknown
- Life is not about discovering our talents; it is about pushing our talents to the limit and discovering our genius. ~Robert Brault
- In response to those who say to stop dreaming and face reality, I say keep dreaming and make reality. ~Kristian Kan, Rich By 25
- Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars. ~Les Brown
Compiled from the following resources:
And check out even more great ones in this post 10 Great Graduation Quotes for Invitations