WARNING: THIS IS SOOOOOO GOOD! You may need to hide any leftovers from yourself
My eldest son recentlyhad a birthday ans asked for a “Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake – but with 2 cookies and ice cream in the middle”. So I set to work making just that – and it was incredible easy! Here’s how to make a Giant Ice Cream Sandwich Cookie Birthday Cake:
- (2) Packs Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Ice Cream (Preferrably without chunks of anything)
- Chocolate or Vanilla Icing, either in a can or homemade
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Spray 2 round cake pans with non-stick spray or baking spray. (The kind with flour is my favorite)
- Press cold cookie dough into both round cake pans – make it about about 1/2 – 3/4″ thick. (You may not need all the cookie dough, but it’s best to start with plenty just in case!)
- Cook both cookie cakes for 15 – 20 minutes, or until they look lightly browned.
- Cool completely before removing from pan. (A couple of hours) While cooling, set your ice cream out to get soft. (I cheated and stuck mine in the microwave for a bit)
- Spread a thick layer of ice cream on the bottom cookie and set the other cookie on top. Press down to make it level and use a spatula to even out the sides where ice cream may come squishing out.
- Wrap the cake tightly in saran wrap and put in the freezer until right before party time, to prevent freezer burn.
- Shortly before the party, use an icing bag and piping tip to pipe a border around the cake and write a message if you like on the center.
Check out more Birthday Cake Recipes: