5 Ingredient Homemade English Muffin Bread
- 2½ cups warm water
- 3½ teaspoons Active Dry Yeast (Can use rapid rise)
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1½ Tablespoons sugar (or raw sugar)
- 5½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine warm water, yeast, salt and sugar.
- Stir with wooden spoon or with a Kitchen Aid Mixer using dough hook until the yeast is dissolved and the ingredients are mixed well.
- Carefully measure flour and add to mixture.
- Stir with wooden spoon, or mix together with Kitchen Aid stand mixer. The dough will begin to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- If you used rapid yeast skip down to dividing the dough into the loaf pans.
- Put the dough in a warm place to let rise.
- Cover with towel.
- Let rise until doubled in size. (approx. 45 minutes)
- Punch the dough back down with a wooden spoon.
- The dough is very sticky.
- Divide the dough into two greased loaf pans.
- Let dough rise until it touches the top of the loaf pans.
- Place loaf pans side by side in a preheated 350 degree oven for approx. 45 minutes. In my convection oven it took 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Brush top with butter.
- Cool completely before slicing.
Recipe by Time 2 Save Workshops at http://www.time2saveworkshops.com/5ingredientsupereasyhomemade/