Jamie here! I meant to post this yesterday – but the boys had a friend sleep over and my whole evening got turned upside down! Here it is a day late!
My family really loves Mexican food – and since they’re all such fussy eaters I make it at least once a week. But my sweet little Caden loves Enchiladas the MOST. He asked for it on Monday this week, but we had so much going on with Karate and Youth Group and Math Olympiads that I didn’t get around to making it until yesterday night. He thanked me at least 5 times – and asked for three helpings – which made it totally worth the effort
Here’s my recipe for Easy Cheesy Enchiladas – I hope you and your family enjoy them as much as we do!
- 10-12 Flour Tortillas
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 Onion Diced (or onion flakes)
- 1 Can Refried Beans or Black Beans
- 1 Can Rotel
- 1/3 Lb Velveeta Queso Blanco Cubed (or any kind)
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/4 C Milk
- 1 Packet taco Seasoning
- 1 4oz Can Green Chiles (Optional)
- Pre-heat Oven to 375
- Brown the beef and saute the onion together in a large skillet. Drain off excess grease.
- Turn down to simmer and stir in half the Rotel & ALL the Refried beans.
- Add 3/4 packet of taco seasoning and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan on medium-low, heat remaining Rotel and Cream of Chicken Soup.
- Add milk, Velveeta and remaining taco seasoning
- *For an extra kick - divide a can of green chiles between the meat and the sauce while cooking. This gives it a great flavor!
- Once the meat and cheese sauce are ready, spoon your meat across a tortilla and then spoon some of the cheese sauce on as well. (Make sure to save a lot for the end)
- Roll each tortilla up and place crease-side down in an 8x11 (or 11x14) pan.
- Once all the tortillas are rolled up and in the pan, pour the remaining cheese sauce over the top, covering all the nooks and crannies.
- Bake for 20 minutes, and then remove and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Serve with Mexican rice, lettuce, black olives, sour cream, etc....