Many of you WANT to help the victims and communities ravaged by last week’s tornados – but aren’t sure how, where, or what to do. Here’s a list of shelters, food pantries, churches and volunteer groups that need help or donations – just look for your county below to see what you can do! If you can’t volunteer or drop off items – you can always give financially as well. See below for more information.
How to give financially
Text the word “GIVE” to 80888 to make a monetary donation to the Salvation Army or “REDCROSS” to 90999 for the Red Cross.
United Way’s Disaster Contact Information
For a full list of ways to assist, please visit the United Way’s 211 Disaster Services Update website.
FEMA Disaster Assistance Centers:
- Catoosa County – Shirley Smith Learning Center on the Benton Place Campus
- Dade County- Dade County Administrative Building
- Walker County – Agriculture Center in Rock Springs
As other Centers are added this list will be updated.
- Non-Perishable Food items - Food can be dropped off at the Chattanooga Food Bank at 3402 North Hawthorne Street Chattanooga, TN.
- United Way Volunteer Center Immedieate Volunteer Opportunities - If you’d like to volunteer your time and services or if you need volunteers call Windy Brooks 423.752.0316 or email email@example.com.
- Salvation Army Volunteer Opportunities - Call 423-308-3467 to confirm availablity. Meet at 437 Inman Street West (the back of the building) open daily 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. They will be coordinating volunteers for relief efforts, giving out information, etc. 423-308-3467
- Clothing, furniture, & household item donations: The Samaritan Center is accepting donations of NEW clothing items, diapers, baby wipes, gently used furniture and other household items. 9231 Lee Highway, Cleveland, TN 423-238-7777.
- Salvation Army Volunteer Opportunities: Individuals or groups interested in volunteering will be to specific locations and groups needing assistance. Call 423.308.3467
- Cleaning and Cleanup Crew Volunteers – Coordinated by The Bradley Baptist Association please call 423.476.5493.
- Hot Meals & Mobile Feeding - Any groups or individuals interested in helping with hot food preparation and/or mobile feeding contact The Red Cross 423.464.1849. Anyone affected by the storms in need of food please contact The Red Cross at 423.464.1849.
- Legal Help: Call 423.303.1031 for free legal advice for storm victims. Provided by The Bradley County Bar Association.
- Need Diapers: Beginning Tuesday at 10am a tractor-trailer load of diapers will be available to families in need. The truck will be in the parking lot of White Wing Publishing Company.
- Missing Animals: Several animals have been found since the storm, check with the Cleveland Animal Shelter if you are missing a pet.
- Volunteers Needed-Contact City Hall at 423.775.1817 for information. Volunteers need to supply their own work gloves, drinks for hydration and food. If you have access to a chainsaw please bring with you.
- Volunteers Needed - Meet at Chattanooga Valley Church 90 Nick-A-Jack Lane, Flinstone, GA 30725. Call coordinator at 706.638.1909 for more informaion.
Lost Food Stamps: For those who lost food stamps due to the disaster, contact the food stamp office for assistance. A percentage of the stamps will be replaces on the EBT card by DHS.
For more information click here for a link to The United Way of Chattanooga.
For places to give in Alabama – see this hugely helpful list HERE