This is my absolute favorite Crock Pot Chili recipe! I’ve been making it for years, a friend of mine let me in on her secret recipe for the best chili ever several years ago……….curry powder!! I would have never guessed, especially coming from this non-adventurous girl when it comes to eating. I rarely EVER try new things!! Try it and tell me what you think! I hope you love it as much as my family does!!
- 2lbs Ground Beef Browned (may substitute Turkey)
- (2) 28oz cans Tomatoes (may use Diced Tomatoes, Crushed Tomatoes, Tomato Sauce)
- (1) 14 oz can Stewed Tomatoes (or variety of your preference)
- 1 32oz Carton Beef Broth
- 1 Can Chili Beans
- 1 Can Light Kidney Beans
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Minced Dried Garlic (or Garlic Powder)
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Curry Powder
- Dash of Brown Sugar
- Brown Ground Beef (may add 1/2 diced onion to ground beef to brown) strain well when done.
- Add tomatoes, and beef broth to browned ground beef then stir well to combine.
- Add beans, making sure to drain Kidney Beans first. (Don't rinse Chili Beans).
- Add spices, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
May add an additional can of beans to thicken chili. Don't be afraid of spices, especially the curry powder, as it intensifies all the spices for a delicious bold flavor.