Disclosure: I wrote this post will participating in a campaign as a Good Cook Kitchen Expert, on behalf of Good Cook and received Good Cook kitchen products to facilitate a review. All views and and opinions regard to the products or company itself are my own and were not influenced, nor reviewed by the company prior to posting.
There are several different versions of this recipe, however I’ve done a little tweaking and have come up with what my family thinks is the perfect “Christmas Crack” recipe. I can’t believe how simple this recipe is, even if you aren’t an experienced cook you can still whip up a batch that your family and friends will love. I’ve included a little pictorial step-by-step below along with the full recipe at the bottom of the post.
Now, for the step-by-step tutorial. First, lay saltines out flat on a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil. I also sprayed mine with cooking spray just to make sure nothing got stuck to my cookie sheet.
Next, melt 2 sticks) of butter and 1 cup light (or dark) brown sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. By the way, my new Good Cook Hi-Temp Spatula, with measurement markings is fabulous! Having a measuring conversion chart right on the spatula is so handy!
Pour evenly over crackers, you may need to spread out with a spatula. Bake at 400 degrees for 6 minutes.
Remove from oven, pour a 12 ounce bag of milk chocolate chips on top of crackers. Allow to sit for approx 1-2 minutes or until morsels start to melt. Spread evenly, then allow to cool. If it’s as hard for you to wait as it was us, we put ours in the fridge so that it would cool faster. Seriously, delicious.
- saltine crackers
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar (I used light)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 bag of milk chocolate chips
- nuts, sprinkles, or M&M's (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil, and spray generously with cooking spray.
- Cover cookie sheet with one layer of saltine crackers.
- Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil, stirring continuously for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add one teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture over crackers, then bake for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven, pour a bag of milk chocolate chips on top of crackers.
- Allow to soften for a minute or two, then spread chocolate evenly on top of crackers.
- Cool, then break up into bite size pieces.
- Optional - add nuts, sprinkles, or M & M's on top of melted chocolate.
Right now you can save 5% off any Sweet Creations by Good Cook product when you use coupon code COOKIES at checkout.
Head on over to the Good Cook website where you’ll have a chance to win 1 of 25 cookie kits just like the one I received (beginning 12/19)! I’d sure appreciate it if you “like” my recipe while you are there. You’ll see a huge list of cookie recipes from other bloggers! Also be sure to follow Good Cook on using the hashtags #goodcookcom, #goodcookkitchenexprt, and #sweetcreations for more recipes.