Disclosure: I wrote this post will participating in a campaign as a Good Cook Kitchen Expert, on behalf of Good Cook and received Good Cook kitchen products to facilitate a review. All views and and opinions regard to the products or company itself are my own and were not influenced, nor reviewed by the company prior to posting.
I haven’t made popcorn balls in years. When I was given the opportunity to try out a cool new popcorn baller from Good Cook, I immediately said yes as I knew my kids would enjoy helping me. Also, I have learned that I can incorporate lessons on fractions and measurements when we cook together.
These were so easy to make. I started with homemade microwave popcorn, then found an easy 4 ingredient recipe for the yummy sweet “sticky” part of the recipe.
As you can see my kiddos had fun helping me discard all the kernels. My daughter was just kidding around, I think it surprised my son a bit. They crack me up, so much fun!
So enjoyed this amazing kit from Good Cook. I had never seen a popcorn baller before, it sure made forming popcorn balls easy and mess free!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- Prepare popcorn then remove all kernels and pour in large bowl.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add sugar and corn syrup, bring to a boil.
- Stir continuously for two minutes, then remove from heat.
- Pour over popcorn, mix thoroughly.
- Use Good Cook popcorn baller to form balls and place on wax paper.
- If desired add stick in the middle of the popcorn ball.
- Allow to cool.
- Melt chocolate mint almond bark in a zip lock bag(follow directions on package).
- Cut a tiny slit in the corner of the zip lock bag. Squeeze bag and sling chocolate back and forth over popcorn balls.
- Allow to harden, add ribbon if desired.
Enter to win your own Popcorn Baller and popcorn.
Head over to the Good Cook Facebook page and enter to win 1 of 250 popcorn ballers and Jolly Time® popcorn until Oct 12, 2013 at 11:59 A.M.
Get 25% off Good Cook Popcorn Ballers right now. Use CODE: POPCORN