Kasey here, my kids and I made this mouth watering Mississippi Mud Cake today for my husband for Father’s Day. It’s completely from scratch, but so easy to make. In fact, my 7 and 10 year old could almost make it by themselves, with a little help from mom of course. It’s a perfect last minute dessert for your favorite chocolate lover. We decided to eat a little piece tonight since my hubby came in from working in the yard and saw what we were cooking. I think it was the first time my kids had ever had Mississippi Mud Cake before, they said it was the best cake ever and that the frosting tasted like fudge! [Read more...]
College Football has begun! These treats are great for any football game party, no matter which team you are rooting for! And if you’re a barbecue fan – don’t miss our Crockpot Barbecue Pulled Pork recipe HERE!
Football Shaped Treats
1. Football Cake Pops
2. Taco Pockets
3. Pull-Apart Cake
4. Football Shaped Asiago Rice Cakes
5. Mini Football Rice Crispy Treats
6. Chili in Football Bread Bowl
7. Football Shaped Pancakes
8. Grilled Cheese Footballs
9. BBQ Chicken and Bacon Footballs
10. Frosted PB Football Cookies
11. Deviled Eggs
12. Watermelon Football
13. Football Brownies
14. Football Cake
15. Football Summer Sausage Bites
16. Watermelon Helmet
17. Almond Footballs
18. Double-Chocolate Football Cupcakes
19. Football Oreo Truffles
20. Touch Down Meatloaf
Appetizers & Main Dishes
21. 7-Layer Dip
22. Mushroom Swiss Sliders
24. Kick-Off Pizza
25. Fried Pickles
26. Toasted Ravioli
27. Chili Bar
28. Loaded Potato Skins
29. Super Bowl Eggs
30. Football Stack Dome
31. Jalapeno Chicken Poppers
What’s your favorite Game-Day Recipe?
Jamie here! I truly love bacon, but I rarely went to all the bother of cooking it until I learned how to cook bacon in the microwave. It’s so much less messy, and you can cook just a few pieces at a time for an individual breakfast, sandwiches or to crumble over a salad.
I’ll admit, it seems like it won’t work – I was a non-believer at first too! But it’s come out crispy and delicious every time I’ve made it Add in the fact that you won’t have to clean your entire stovetop afterwards, and I’m completely sold.
How to cook bacon in the microwave:
Mexican Pork Chalupas Recipe in the Crockpot
Need an EASY pork roast recipe for an awesome dinner? This is it!
Kasey here, although we follow a clean eating lifestyle we do have a cheat meal or two at least once or twice a week. My kids absolutely LOVE meatloaf, it’s one of their favorite meals. This is my mom’s best meatloaf recipe that I thought I’d share with you. My favorite part is the yummy ketchup/brown sugar/vinegar topping. I often make two at a time and put one in the freezer for later. I serve with mashed potatoes and broccoli for a delicious home cooked supper.
- 1 lb ground chuck or ground round
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 cup oatmeal (instant or old fashioned is fine)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except for ground chuck or ground round together well.
- Add meat; shape into a loaf and place in a greased pan.
- To make the topping mix together the brown sugar, ketchup, and vinegar then pour over loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done.
Heading back to school means back to routine, and rushed mornings for many of us. Don’t skimp on the breakfast just because you don’t have a lot of time! Try these 50 Easy Healthy Breakfast Recipes for Back to School!
1. Mini Breakfast Pizzas
2. Breakfast Smoothies
3. Blackberry Mango Breakfast Shake
4. Tomato Egg Cups
5. Back Pack Bagels
6. Just Peachy Shake
7. Blueberry Pancakes
8. Power Granola
9. Waffle Sandwich
10. Crunchy Granola Wedges
11. Dressed Up Yogurt
12. Banana Breakfast Shake
13. Breakfast Bundles
14. Fruit Salad
15. Berry Cream Pancakes
16. Baked Oatmeal
17. Banana Blueberry Muffins
18. Pita Breakfast Pockets
19. Crescent Roll Breakfast Bake
20. Sweet Potato and Pecan Flapjacks
21. Pineapple Raspberry Parfaits
22. Egg in a Hole with Berries & Yogurt
23. Egg Panini
24. Bagels with Cherry Cream Cheese
25. Yogurt & Honey Fruit Cups
26. Greek Omelette in a Pita
27. Ham and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich with Mango Chutney
28. Buttermilk Pancakes
29. On-the-Go PB&J Wraps
31. Eggy Creamy Cheese Bagel
32. Banana Bran Muffins
33. Homemade Whole Wheat Pop-Tarts
34. French Toast Sticks
35. Easy French Toast Casserole
36. Breakfast Muffins
37. Fig, Applesauce, and Almond Breakfast Loaf
38. Banana Waffles
39. Quick Breakfast Burritos
40. Breakfast Parfait
41. Whole Wheat Pancakes
42. Banana Cinnamon Waffles
43. Peanut Butter Banana Bagel
44. Homemade Granola
45. Easy Cinnamon Biscuits
46. Whole Grain Flax Muffins
47. Power Bars
48. Yogurt and Fresh Fruit
49. Kicked Up Quesadilla
50. Whole-Wheat Cinnamon Rolls
What’s your favorite Healthy Easy Breakfast Recipe?
Apple Cinnamon Freezer Pancakes Recipe
Jamie here! I may have mentioned before to you that I am not a morning person. My kids know this – and yet they still suffer under delusions that I might get a wild hair one morning, hop out of bed early and whip up a batch of pancakes before they leave for school. The poor dears.