Couponing can be stressful and overwhelming at times, especially when you need to run out for groceries and you just don’t have time to check the ads, print coupons, clip them and form a gameplan. You’re not alone – we’ve ALL needed a break from time to time, and there are options to combat “coupon fatigue”! (In fact, last night Kasey co-hosted a chat as part of Ebates Savvy Living Community on just that topic! You can view it HERE)
In the first part of this series, we talked about UGO Grocery Outlets. I live near one, and this week was able to pick up 8 boxes of Sunkist Fruit Rollups for $.50 each! I also got Kraft American Cheese Slices 24-pk for $1.99 and Smart Balance Peanut Butter for $1.49. (Woohoo!)
Here are some more places that I like to shop when I just don’t have the energy to coupon:
- Aldi (Yep – we do weekly lists for them too!)
- UGO (United Grocery Outlet)
- Big Lots
- Merita Bakery Thrift Stores (Do a Google search to find one near you)
- Little Debbie Thrift Stores (Do a Google search to find one near you)
*I picked up Blueberry Mini-Muffins for $.50 per box a couple weeks ago!
Where are your go-to places for good deals without coupons? Please share them in the comments!
Watch the video above to see Kasey’s “Happy Dance”. Oh yeah, and also how to shop at Bi-Lo for free things….
Currently, Bi-Lo has Bounty Napkins (the small pack) on Price Lock for $1. Using the $.50/1 Bounty Napkins coupon from the 4/1 P&G Insert, we were able to get FREE napkins this week!
“Good Things Come in Small Packages”:
One tip to keep in mind when couponing is that sometimes the smallest-sized products are the best deal (I know, counter-intuitive when you’re used to buying in bulk to save money, right?). Because some coupons don’t have size restrictions on them, you can use a high-value coupon on a low-priced item to get it FREE!
Using coupons is a great way to save money – heck, we’ve devoted a whole site to it! – but you’ve got to get some coupons in your hands before you can start. Printing coupons online is an easy way to get them right now – on almost anything you could imagine. Manufacturers release a limited number of coupons online for consumers to print out – usually with a limit of 2 prints per person.(Your computer won’t let you print more after that)
Here’s how to access and print those coupons from your computer:
- Register for Coupon Sites: First, register for the following coupon printing sites and install each of their coupon printer software when prompted. The major sites that offer printable coupons are totally safe and will not send you spam or put spyware on your computer – they are:
- Manufacturer & Store Websites: You will also be able to print some coupons directly from manufacturer and store websites – like Pillsbury.com or Target.com. These are safe as well and in most cases will send you an e-newsletter occasionally with new coupon offers or product info.
- Problems Printing? In most cases, switching browsers will solve your printing problems. Some browsers work better for different sites, I use Firefox, and I usually have no problems printing at all.
- Searching for a specific Coupon: Most of the main coupon printing sites will have categories that allow you to find a certain coupon more quickly (Like “Baby” or “Beverages”). If you don’t see a coupon that we mentioned here on Time2Save, you may want to try changing your zipcode. Some coupons are targeted at specific parts of the country, and changing your zipcode to that of a large city (for instance, 90210) may bring up a wider array of coupons.One more great way to search for a coupon is to visit our Coupon Database! This is a search engine that ONLY searches coupons – so just type in what you’re looking for (i.e. Frosted Mini Wheats) and it will pull up the links where coupons for Frosted Mini Wheats are available to print!
- Print 2 Coupons: In most cases, you can print each coupon twice by using your back arrow or simply going through the process again to print.
Hey ya’ll!! We met so many of you yesterday at the Kidz Fest in Chattanooga. Thanks so much for stopping by our booth. We have a FREE Community Wide Workshop on June 9th, from 10:00 am – 12:30pm at Redemption Point Church in Ooltewah, TN. Please help us prepare for the event by registering online here.
Registration fee for this event is waived with the donation of a non-perishable food item. This is a one time free event, Time 2 $ave Couponing Workshops are usually $10 per family.
If you have thought about using coupons, or attempted without success, don’t quit now. Learning an entire new mindset to shopping doesn’t happen overnight. It will take time to understand the process, take one step at a time. I (Kasey) remember the first time I saved $12.00 on my grocery bill, I floated out to the parking lot to my car. We encourage you to celebrate those moments, give yourself a pat on the back and enjoy how great it feels to save.
Now, to keep this in perspective we don’t LOVE COUPONS. We don’t wake up every morning excited to cut up coupons or jump on every deal that we can find. Simply put – couponing just happened to be the tool that brought hope to our family’s finances. Most importantly it has afforded us the incredible opportunity to give into the lives of others in ways we never imagined.
Couponing has to FIT into YOUR LIFE ~ NOT become YOUR LIFE.
- How to use our site here.
- Printable Grocery “Buy Price” List here
- Learning the lingo short version here & detailed version here.
- Links to Printable Coupon Sites here
- Newest Printable Coupons here
- Problems Printing Coupons here
- Rainchecks – Don’t Pass them up! here
- Freezer help printable list here.
- News 12 This Morning Weekly Savings Segments here (video archive July 2011 – current)
Don’t Miss These Hot Deals!
- Photo Deals here
- Freebies & More here
- Hot Deals / Flutterbuys here
- Two great ways to earn free gift cards and a quarterly check in the mail here.
Grocery and Drug Store Sales matched with Coupons
You can check out our grocery store and drug store match-ups – click here. You’ll see a list of grocery, drug and national retail stores – from here, click the store that you shop at and you’ll be directed to that stores weekly sale items matched with coupons. Don’t worry we walk you step by step through the process at a workshop.
Don’t Miss a Deal!
We update the blog all day long – you don’t want to miss out on the HOT deals we find. Some are very time sensitive – in that case twitter is a great way to be notified each time we update the site. Join our facebook community of over 22,900 and growing strong. It’s a great place to connect with other couponers, share your deals, ask each other questions, and of see deals that we ONLY post on facebook. Make sure to click “like” on several post on fb to ensure that you’ll see updates. Of course you don’t want to miss our daily FREE newsletter that summarizes that days posting here.
You’ll see quickly that we want to offer our community much more than just grocery/drug store savings. Only a small part of our life is spent at the grocery store. We want to speak encouragement to each of you, bring you content that is relative to your life, introduce you to thousands of others in our community and have FUN all at the same time!
We get lots of questions on how to save money on meat. While we usually just have to wait for a nice sale – there are a few more ways to save on meat. In this short video, join us as we hit the Meat Markdown jackpot – and go over a few tips to save even more!
- Stores start marking down meat as it nears it’s expiration date, in order to sell it quickly. Scan the meat cases for “$$$ Off” stickers to find these deals. If you can find “$$$ Off” stickers on an already low sale price – even better!
- Since a meat markdown sticker is a discount from the store, you can still stack a manufacturer coupon with it for even more savings.
- Even though it may be on or near the expiration date – if you’ve found a great deal you should still stock up. Buy it and either cook or freeze it right away. If buying raw meat – cook it and season it, the portion into freezer bags for easy taco nights, pasta nights, etc…. Lunchmeats will freeze pretty well in a freezer bag for later use.
Do you like to shop? (YES!) Do you ever shop online? (Yes-Yes!) Do you get paid cash back whenever you do?
If you’re not getting cash back yet for all the online purchases you make, then you’re missing out on a big chunk of change! Want to learn more? Check out this little video tutorial I made last night, showing you how to use Ebates to get cash back. It’s under 5 minutes long and you can sit and watch in your PJ’s with your coffee (I am in my PJ’s right now, as a matter of fact). It will be just like we’re hanging out together – staring at my computer screen. (Fun, right?) Lights, Camera, Action!
After you watch – sign up for Ebates HERE to get that sweet Welcome Bonus I tell you about in the video!
Watch this tutorial on a much BIGGER screen by clicking the little “full screen” icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the movie above.