Need a last-minute Father’s Day gift to give dad tomorrow? Hop over to the Father’s Day Magazine Sale at DiscountMags.com and pick up something right up dad’s alley for just around $5! While the subscription will take a few weeks to arrive, you can pick up this month’s issue from the store and attach a card with info about their gift-to-come. The ESPN deal is totally amazing – that is normally over $100!
“I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Cascade. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.”
I’ve been using Cascade’s new Platinum Packs for over two weeks now. I can tell you without a doubt I can tell a difference. In fact, my dishes and silverware are so shiny I had a hard time capturing images of my recipe because of the glare. Before switching to Cascade’s Platinum Packs, I often had to run my dishes through a second dishwashing cycle. Now, I not only put my dishes in the dishwasher without pre-washing, they come out sparkly clean the first time! Woohoo! [Read more...]
We wanted to wish everyone a Happy Father’s Day. My daddy is celebrating in heaven. Although, I miss him so much I know nothing on earth can compare to his eternal home. I am so thankful that we will see him again and spend eternity together. Today, my kids and I celebrate my hubby. He is an incredible husband, father, and friend. I am blessed beyond measure, and so thankful. Hold tight to the Father’s in your life you celebrate today, I hope that you can relax and lay the cares of this life aside.
On a not so serious note, my kids asked a couple of years ago how Father’s Day started. Don’t know about you, but I had no idea. So, we looked up some Father’s Day Facts and included them below in case you were wondering yourself.
Facts about Father’s Day
- The first local Father’s Day was celebrated on June 19, 1910, in Spokane, Washington.
- Father’s Day was first celebrated on the third Sunday of June.
- Sonora Louise Smart Dodd, of Spokane, Washington, started the tradition of Father’s Day in the honor of her dad, William Smart, a widowed Civil War veteran.
- In 1916, US President Woodrow Wilson approved the idea of observing an annual Father’s Day.
- In1924, US President Calvin Coolidge made Father’s Day a national event.
- In 1966, US President Lyndon Johnson signed a presidential proclamation declaring the 3rd Sunday of June as Father’s Day.
- Father’s Day is the fifth most popular card-sending holiday, with an estimated $100 million in card sales. Husbands, grandfathers, uncles, sons and sons-in-law are honored as well as father.
- The first presidential proclamation honoring fathers was issued in 1966 when President Lyndon Johnson designated the third Sunday in June as Father’s Day.
- Father’s Day has been celebrated annually since 1972 when President Richard Nixon signed the public law that made it permanent.
- Neck ties, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, are the number one gift for Father’s Day.
- In terms of popularity, Father’s Day gifts include hammers, wrenches and screwdrivers. Other presents for dad have a sporty theme: Golf clubs and fishing rods.
- In Costa Rica, attempts were made to celebrate Father’s Day on March 19, which is the feast day of St. Joseph. However, the official Father’s Day date in Costa Rica is still third Sunday in June.
- Rose is the official flower for Father’s Day. Wearing a red rose signifies a living father, while white one represents deceased father.
- It has been claimed by Hallmark, the renowned greeting card maker that Father’s Day makes up the fifth-largest card-sending holiday in the world.
- It is believed that the word “Dad” dates back to as early as the sixteenth century.
- In Australia, the first Sunday of September is observed as Father’s Day, while Finnish people celebrate the festival on the second Sunday of November. In Thailand, 5th December is observed as Father’s Day every year.
Here’s a list of some Father’s Day Freebies for 2013 – a nice cheap way to treat your dad!
Beef O’ Brady’s: Dad’s eat FREE (up to $10 value) with purchase of entree on June 16
Firehouse Subs: FREE Sub for Dad wyb Sub, Chips & Drink on June 16
Just a reminder – this deal ends Saturday!
Right now through June 15th you can snag a Free 8×10 collage print from Walgreens when you enter the code DADCOLLAGE at checkout!
If dad is a video gamer – you might be interested to know that the PS4 is just now available for Pre-Order!
If you’re looking for a Father’s Day gift for a dad who needs to relax – you might consider this nice Quilted Fabric Double Hammock with Pillow for only $69.99 right now + $10 S&H! (Reg $200)
This hammock looks super comfortable and is big enough for 2! It also gets great reviews – nearly 5 star rated.