We’ve been scouring Pinterest for Easter Basket ideas - and there are so many cute and creative ways to fill your child’s basket this year! If you’re looking for basket ideas that will wow the kids come Easter morning, just check out the list below for some fun ways to make their baskets extra-special. Check out our Easter Category for even more Easter Ideas!
With a little planning ahead and creativity, assembling Easter baskets doesn’t have to break the bank. Here are best ways to save money on Easter Baskets and all the fillings that can make the gift giving fun and exciting too.
First, purchase Easter baskets at Hobby Lobby or Michael’s on sale or with a 40% off coupon. That 40% off coupon is key if the item is not on sale already, as it will net you huge savings. Find something durable, then reuse it from year to year. [Read more...]
Crock-Pot Cola Ham
Easter is coming, and I’m already stressing out about how to get everything cooked and on the table at the same time for the BIG Meal. I know some people have this down to a science, but I’m just not one of them! Crock-Pot Cola Ham my favorite go to recipe for an easy and delicious main dish.
DIY Art Supplies Gift Basket
(Great non-candy Easter Basket idea!)
A great themed gift basket idea you can make for a child in your life – is this fun DIY Art Supplies gift basket. Girls and boys alike love art supplies – new scented markers or glittery stickers, a shaped paper punch out or some stencils – there are lots of items you can put together that the little artist probably doesn’t already have.
Start with a supply tote from the dollar store – this was just $1 at the Family Dollar!
Sharpie Easter Eggs
If your family’s getting tired of the same old Easter dye kits, try using Sharpies for fun new way to decorate this year’s eggs!
Sharpie Easter Eggs can be as artsy – or a simple – as you want. It’s something my older teens would enjoy, since they love to draw more intricate designs. But so easy that my 8 year old would have fun too. While doing a trial run, I traced a chevron pattern with a pencil and went over it with black sharpie. My silver oil-based paint sharpie was great for shiny accent dots.
Another way to approach this project is to dye the eggs first and then use Sharpie as an added layer of personalization
25 April Fools Pranks
Jamie here, I’ve always loved playing April Fools Pranks on my family – and if you do too, here’s a roundup of 25 of the BEST April Fools Day Pranks we’ve heard!
Around the House Pranks:
- Rubberband the Spray Nozzle| Rubberband the sink sprayer handle so that it immediately sprays out as soon as someone turns on the water.
- Glue Money to the Ground| Hot glue or superglue a quarter, dime, etc… to the sidewalk or porch and watch everyone who comes in try to get it up!
- Water Cups| Fill two cups with water and ask if someone wants to see a magic trick. Tell them to put out both hands flat on the table palms down and then quickly set both full water cups on top of their hands. They’ll be stuck that way for awhile
- Car Accident| Leave a note on someone’s car (someone who would FREAK OUT if their car were scratched) and apologize profusely for scratching/denting their car. They’ll be looking for the scratch forever.
- Zoo Prank| Get a family member or friend to “return a call” to someone named Harry Lyon, or Mr. Fox, etc…
Right now you can print some great new Easter Candy Coupons on Coupons.com!