Or in this case- How To Wait It Out.
There’s nothing like staying up late on a Saturday night, dodging family members, just to frantically plan out an “Amazing Drugstore Deal” that’s supposed to happen the next morning…..only to squeal into the parking lot right after church and discover the shelf has been cleared already!!
So then, you spend the kids’ afternoon naptime (a precious commodity!) driving around town and hitting up all the other drugstores searching for those “HOT items.
What I’m here to tell you girls, is that there is an Easier Way. Sure- most of you have figured this out by now, but for those of you who haven’t- this is for you.
- Ask the clerk what day their next truck will come to restock the shelves. Where I go, it comes on Thursday nights.
- Ask the clerk what time you should actually come back. My store never has any of their truck unloaded until the next morning, so I don’t bother running in to check anymore. I just show up first thing in the morning.
- Ask a manager/supervisor if they have ordered alot of the item you’re after- and if not- tip them off that this is an amazing deal that will be gone fast. In most cases, they will be happy to bump the order up a little if they know that. (i.e. “Will there be alot of these on the truck? I just know tons of people who are already excited about getting a few of these while they’re on sale!) Not only will you be making sure they’ve got plenty of the items YOU want, but you’ll be doing the whole coupon commuity a favor by ensuring there will be enough to go around.
- Use the extra few day before the truck arrives to plan, clip, gain perspective, and take naps at naptime. Then on the morning/evening of the new shipment – Be there, in the parking lot, with a bounce in your step and a sparkle in your eye- ready to load your buggy with great deals for you and your family!!
- Just remember- slow and steady can usually win the race- but if you do occasionally miss out on a fabulous deal, there’s bound to be another one just around the corner!
- Then again, you could always ask for a raincheck! Check out this post to see all the pros of getting a raincheck on a great deal!
Now your turn – how do you make sure you don’t miss out on the deals you really want at drugstores? OR – and this is the case many times – how do you remain calm and keep perspective when you miss out?