Pizza is one of my all time favorite foods and although I’m not really willing to give up the real thing I just can’t eat it as often as I’d like. This recipe for Zucchini Pizza Bites is a fabulous alternative that is super easy and quick to make.
- First, I prep the candy I am going to put on top of the popcorn. I picked the blue M&M’s out of a couple bags of M&M’s and let the kids eat them while I crushed oreo cookies with a rolling pin in a gallon bag. I added candy corn as well.
- Then, I popped popcorn. I use an air pop popcorn popper. If you don’t have an air popper you can pop popcorn in a paper bag in your microwave. It’s so easy and works great (how to here). Just be sure you pick out the kernels that didn’t pop either way. (I have heard of using regular microwave popcorn, but I’ve never tried it. I don’t know if the oils would cause an issue with the almond bark.
- I think a pound of almond bark will cover about 15 quarts of popped popcorn. While it’s melting I cover a counter or my table with wax paper.
- Once it’s melted I spoon it onto the popcorn and stir from the bottom up, adding more as I go. Once the popcorn is covered spread it out on the wax paper. Working quickly sprinkle the candy over the top and let the it sit until the it’s no longer tacky. It doesn’t take long, approx 20 minutes.
- This is where my pictures stops, but this is really important. Melt some candy melts in a bag in the microwave, 15 seconds at a time on 50% power. Once it’s melted drizzle the candy melts over the top. It’s the glue that holds it all together. Let that sit up, break it up and turn it over and sprinkle with more candy and drizzle with candy melts again.
Wondering what stores are open on Christmas Day? If you need to run out on Christmas day to grab something your choices are limited. Below is a list of stores open on Christmas Day 2015. If you were hoping to run out to Walmart, Target, Toys “R” Us, or Best Buy®they are all closed today but you can still shop online! Please make sure to verify with your local store, as there may be regional variations!
I can’t believe that Thanksgiving is right around the corner. If you are going to have children at your Thanksgiving gathering this is a great project to make either as a gift or as a project to do together. It’s super simple to make and so cute! It could also be a great treat to take to your favorite teacher, youth worker, coach, etc for a fun Thanksgiving treat. I’ve included step-by-step directions below as well as a supply list with links to a couple of the ingredients for your convenience. [Read more...]
Picture courtesy of Martha Stewart.com
Most of us haven’t started carving our pumpkins yet – but you might be looking ahead for the perfect pattern! Here are some sites offering free pumpkin carving stencils/patterns. Enjoy!
To find a pumpkin patch near you – check out this Pumpkin Patch Finder!