DIY Oil-Rubbed Bronze
This is one of the oldest DIY tricks in the book, updating brass or gold fixtures to oil-rubbed bronze. You won’t believe how easy it is! Face it, we all have them….ugly brass or gold light fixtures, door handles, bathroom knobs, brass lamps, etc. Most anything could easily be updated to a beautiful oil-rubbed bronze in a matter of minutes.
In my case we have these:
DIY Lamp Shade Revamp
Hi! I’m Amber Anderson, I am a pastors wife, mom of 2 lovely boys, and an avid DIY’er. I post regularly about DIY projects, crafts and family life on MotherhoodMusings.com.
Raise your hand if every lamp shade in your house is cream, beige, tan, or white. Hands down. Now raise your hand again if you wish they weren’t. Perfect! This is the DIY for you.
It’s 2 steps, and can be done by anyone. Ready?
Use $1/4 Printable Coupon
(makes it $.54 ea)
Our crafty friend Amber has been busting into the Etsy world with her super-cute DIY-ness- and we wanted to celebrate reaching her 100th sale by giving a custom-made mason jar wall planter away to one of you guys! Here’s Amber to MC this giveaway….
Hey everyone! Its Amber from motherhoodmusings.com! This week we are doing a giveaway in celebration of my Etsy shop, shopmotherhoodmusings.com hitting over 100 sales! I am so excited to be giving one away to the awesome readers of Time2Save! We are giving away one of my most popular items, the Mason Jar Wall Hanger. Perfect for indoor plants such as succulents or endless uses around the house, like in the bathrooms for Q-Tips and cottonballs!
TO ENTER (Using the Rafflecopter Form Below)
- Leave a comment with your name and what you would do with your wall hanger.
- Bonus Entry (to better your chances!) - Subscribe to Time2Save’s Daily Deals Newsletter
- Giveaway ends Thursday, Sept. 6 at midnight
How to enter:
Hi! I’m Amber Anderson, I am a pastors wife, mom of 2 lovely boys, and an avid DIY’er. I post regularly about DIY projects, crafts and family life on MotherhoodMusings.com. You can also find me and all my crafts for sale at ShopMotherhoodMusings.com!
Anyone else find themselves cooking more these past few weeks with all the barbecues and birthdays? Within the past month, I think I’ve been to more birthday parties, baby showers, weddings and cookouts than ever in my life. And with this comes food, and lots of it. Almost every time I left, I said to myself, I have GOT to get that recipe! I’ve been looking around for quite some time for a recipe box, and for some reason I’ve had very little luck. So I’ve come up with a $3 solution for any us out there needing a quick fix.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Paper box (they have these in the $1 section of Target literally every time I go, always different patterns)
- Index Cards
- Colored Card stock
- Toilet paper roll
1. Simply cut your card stock to fit the box, and to hang over the top of the index cards, just enough to see their section. And label each one with your desired sections.
2. Divide your index cards throughout your sections.
3. Insert the toilet paper roll to help support your cards and your done! (If you have a lot of cards, you not even need the toilet paper roll.