DIY Oil-Rubbed Bronze
This is one of the oldest DIY tricks in the book, updating brass or gold fixtures to oil-rubbed bronze. You won’t believe how easy it is! Face it, we all have them….ugly brass or gold light fixtures, door handles, bathroom knobs, brass lamps, etc. Most anything could easily be updated to a beautiful oil-rubbed bronze in a matter of minutes.
In my case we have these:
DIY Lamp Shade Revamp
Hi! I’m Amber Anderson, I am a pastors wife, mom of 2 lovely boys, and an avid DIY’er. I post regularly about DIY projects, crafts and family life
Raise your hand if every lamp shade in your house is cream, beige, tan, or white. Hands down. Now raise your hand again if you wish they weren’t. Perfect! This is the DIY for you.
It’s 2 steps, and can be done by anyone. Ready?
DIY Kids’ TV Snack Tray
Hi! I’m Amber Anderson, I am a pastors wife, mom of 2 lovely boys, and an avid DIY’er. I post regularly about DIY projects, crafts and family life.
If any of you are like me, you have a constant flow of crumbs surrounding your couches and rugs from the kids eating snacks. In my case, I pretty much let Jude (my 2 year old) eat whatever, whenever and where ever he wants it. This is mostly because he never wants to eat, so when he does, I happily oblige. So with him, I decided to come up with something that would allow him to snack without having to sit at a table (which is a struggle all of its own).
This DIY can go with any style though, I can picture it on an ottoman with some magazines and a candle, or used as a breakfast tray on special occasions. My creative sister-in-law, Jillian, even decorated hers with a paper map of Detroit.
What you need:
- Tray (I got a cheap tray from Ikea, around 8 bucks)
- Paint (I always shop the oops paint at Home Depot, a small jar is .50!)
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
- Polyurethane/Clear coat
1. Lay out your fabric over the tray, do a quick trace around the bottom edge, so you’ll know where to cut. As you can see, mine did not turn out perfect..don’t sweat it!
2. Paint around the entire upper part of the tray. In the picture, I have the tray taped off BUT you do not need to do this. I found out afterwards that since my fabric did not fit exact, it looks better if you paint around the base of the tray also. (See picture in Step 3)
3. After the paint is COMPLETELY dry, pour Mod Podge onto the tray and completely cover over the entire base with a foam brush. Lay fabric back down and smooth out with your hands until it is completely stuck to tray.
4. After the fabric and Mod Podge is hardened and dry, add more Mod Podge to the top of the fabric. Coat and smooth over with foam brush.
5. After its completely dry you can spray the whole thing with a clear coat spray, or you can brush on a polyurethane coat. Whatever you think would be easiest to clean.
Here is my finished product, we would love to see yours!
DIY Flower Pillow
This cute DIY Felt Flower Pillow would be such a cute Fall craft to cozy up your nest!
Hi! I’m Amber Anderson, I am a pastors wife, mom of 2 lovely boys, and an avid DIY’er. I post regularly about DIY projects, crafts and family life – and you can visit my Etsy Shop here!
DIY Two-Tier Cake Stand or Jewelry Catch-All
Use $1/4 Printable Coupon
(makes it $.54 ea)
Our crafty friend Amber has been busting into the Etsy world with her super-cute DIY-ness- and we wanted to celebrate reaching her 100th sale by giving a custom-made mason jar wall planter away to one of you guys! Here’s Amber to MC this giveaway….
Hey everyone! Its Amber from motherhoodmusings.com! This week we are doing a giveaway in celebration of my Etsy shop, shopmotherhoodmusings.com hitting over 100 sales! I am so excited to be giving one away to the awesome readers of Time2Save! We are giving away one of my most popular items, the Mason Jar Wall Hanger. Perfect for indoor plants such as succulents or endless uses around the house, like in the bathrooms for Q-Tips and cottonballs!
TO ENTER (Using the Rafflecopter Form Below)
- Leave a comment with your name and what you would do with your wall hanger.
- Bonus Entry (to better your chances!) - Subscribe to Time2Save’s Daily Deals Newsletter
- Giveaway ends Thursday, Sept. 6 at midnight