For those of you who’ve been considering getting Amazon Fire TV – here’s a great deal! Amazon is celebrating Cyber Monday by taking $30 OFF the Amazon Fire TV 1080p Media Player , making it only $69! (limited-time offer)
Shipping is free with Prime or if you spend $35 or more.
- Quad Core Processor Krait 300 1.7Ghz
- 8GB Internal Storage
- 2GB LPDDR2
- Dual-band/Antenna WiFi (MIMO)
- Bluetooth 4.0
Here’s a little more about Amazon Fire TV:
Amazon recently unveiled Amazon Fire TV – which will let you stream Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime video. But isn’t that what Roku, Chromecast and AppleTV already did? What makes this new device better and worth the $99 price tag?
We’ve done some comparisons and here’s what really stands out:
It’s faster. Like, way faster. Amazon Fire TV‘s quad core processor can handle streaming tasks up to 3X faster than it’s competitors.
It’s voice activated – and they spent time making that feature works WELL. (Actually, their whole Amazon Fire TV commercial focuses on that one feature)
It’s got 4X the memory.
It has the ability to play Android games, like Minecraft or Walking Dead. (So that’s what all that memory is for!)
- Massive selection—Over 200,000 TV episodes and movies, millions of songs, and over a hundred games
- Perfect with Prime—Unlimited access to thousands of popular movies and TV shows including exclusive titles like Downton Abbey and Under the Dome.
- Voice search that actually works—Simply say the name of what you want to watch and start enjoying in seconds. Show me
- Tiny box, huge specs—Fast quad-core processor, 2 GB of memory, dedicated GPU, plus 1080p HD video and Dolby Digital Plus surround sound
- Easy to set up and use—Pre-registered to your Amazon account so you can enjoy favorite titles and personalized recommendations
- Instant streaming—Exclusive new feature ASAP predicts what movies and TV episodes you’ll want to watch and buffers them for playback before you hit play
- Perfect for parents—Amazon FreeTime lets you easily limit screen time and create personalized profiles just for kids (coming soon)
- Great for gaming, too—Play blockbuster titles like Minecraft-Pocket Edition, The Walking Dead, and Monsters University, plus free games and Amazon exclusives. Paid games start from just 99 cents
Head over to check out Amazon Fire TV for yourself – watch the Gary Busey commercial and check out the comparison graphs on the Amazon Fire TV page (it’s much more detailed than mine )
If you have a Roku, Chromecast, or AppleTV – what do you think about this new option? Do you think it will be worth the extra money?