Amazon is quickly becoming my favorite place to shop for everything. I love the convenience (we’re a 1-car family) and the great deals are often as good if not better than in-store prices. Black Friday and Holiday shopping won’t be any different!
Lightning Deals & Gold Box Deals:
Amazon is already counting down to Black Friday Deals with multiple Lightning Deals every day leading up to November 23. You can keep track of Amazon’s Countdown to Black Friday Deals HERE.
Lightning Deals are extra-sweet sales that last only a few minutes, or until supplies run out
Gold Box Deals are just one special deal that is highlighted each day.
Amazon Holiday Toy List:
While there will be special price drops and lightning deals happening in every category – one you might want to really keep your eyes on is the Amazon Holiday Toy List. There you will find deal on all the “Top Toys” for 2012. These are the toys that have made it to Walmart, Toys R Us, Kmart, and Target’s Toy Books this year – and Amazon will be competing aggressively for your business! Check out Amazon’s Holiday Toy List Deals.
One reason you’ll really want to stay tuned in to Amazon’s prices on hot toys this season, is that some major retailers have decided to price-match online sales, including Amazon! Rules apply of course, but if Walmart, Toys R Us, Best Buy and others are willing to fight for your business, you might as well take advantage of it!
Discover Holiday FREE 1-Day Shipping :
If you have a Discover card, you may want to take advantage of a new Free Shipping offer this year – get FREE 1-Day Shipping on select items when you enter code DSCVRHSP at checkout. (Through Dec. 15) Those items which qualify will have this message under the item description.
Those are a few of the new things going on on Amazon for the Holiday Season – but you may want to brush up on a few basic Amazon tips as well before you start scouting out good deals. Here are our top tips for shopping on Amazon.
Click MORE to read our Top 5 Tips:
Top 5 Amazon Shopping Tips:
- Free Super Saver Shipping: Most deals listed here will say “FREE SHIP” – which will usually mean it’s eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping. You’ll need to get your order up to $25 for this free option.
- Subscribe & Save: Some deals require you to choose the “Subscribe & Save Option”. This takes an extra 15% OFF (usually) and sets you up to receive shipments on a repeating basis – but you can cancel your “subscription” immediately after ordering – so don’t be afraid to use this all the time!
- Amazon Mom: Sign up for Amazon Mom to save an extra 15% on select items and get FREE Shipping from Amazon Prime for 3-months!
- Amazon Prime Benefits: Signing up for Amazon Prime means you get FREE Unlimited 2-Day Shipping on anything fulfilled by Amazon, no minimum purchase required. It normally costs $79 per year, but if you shop Amazon a lot, it ends up feeling very worthwhile. There are also several ways to get a Free Trial of Amazon Prime.Student Account: Free 1-Year Trial for enrolled students
Amazon Mom: Free 3-Month Trial for parents and caregivers, includes 20% Diapers/Wipes Discount
Prime Trial: FREE 1-Month Trial (it’s easy to cancel online here)
- Want it? GRAB IT! Amazon prices fluctuate all the time, and a deal you like might jump in price an hour or even minutes after it’s posted. Basic rule of thumb – if you want it, get it before the price goes up!